Genie requests

Tesam

1 minute ago, Tesam said:

For anyone who’s had a Genie before. What were some of your special requests? What did the Genie surprise you with? 

Dining reservations, show seating, having food or things sent up to our room, getting clothes pressed (and finding out where it was when it didn’t arrive in time for dinner), getting any charges or things changed if it wasn’t correct. He also arranged for some food/snacks to be there when we had our cabin crawl come through the room. When we boarded I had told the genie the star class room was a surprise for my girlfriend (she had never been on a cruise and thought we were in a normal small balcony room). He came and found us and told us that there was something wrong with our room and he needed to bring us there right away, she cried when she saw it and it was a wonderful surprise. 

Our genie surprised us with adorable and personalized notes under our dinner plates at chefs table one night (and checked in on us at dinner every night), and also got each of us a personalized gift. For my girlfriend it was a really nice scarf, I got a couple of books about traveling the world to find the best food, my sisters husband got a book about “being a gentleman”. Each of those things were related to something we had mentioned or said during the cruise. 

I really loved the genie and cruising is not the same without one! (I’m on a cruise currently in a regular balcony room and I frown a little each time I see a genie around the ship - I was spoiled for sure). 

You can ask for anything to do with on board.  We always had snacks delivered each afternoon, desserts in the evening.  Room was always stocked with wine or beer or coke.  Dining where and when you want and if anything changes it is never a problem to get the restaurant you want at the time.  Gifts that come from what you may say during the cruise or the questionnaire you fill out.  We are always first in bumper cars, many times on iFly and yes they check on you everytime at dinner.  Seats for shows and we had whatever seats we wanted regardless of which show.  There is not much you can ask that cannot be done.  We have found also, that if you are a ship more than once with a genie you always change what you want and what you could ask for that would be different.  That is the fun part of a genie in a way.  The more times you have one the more your ideas change of what you would or would not like.  We are going thru withdrawal because after 5 genies our Liberty cruise is without a genie (non on board) so we have to do all the reservations ourselves.