Thermal Area Cruise Pass - MSC Divinia

lorwill

If you have used this package before, is it worth it?  It is quoted as £75 per person on MSC website.  Was thinking of booking it to get away from the crowds on ship days, but will it just be as busy as anywhere else on this ship on these days?  Thanks for any help.

• We sailed on Seaview last year and had the couples week spa pass and was worth every penny. Like you said just to get away and relax was fantastic. Our itinerary had no sea days but the days that we had a late docking (1pm in Palma de mallorca) it was never busy, and on port days there was usually about 6 of us in there 🙂
  • Like 1

I haven't personally experienced them, yet but have heard the Thermal Suite on the Divina isn't as nice as the one on the Seaside or Seaview.  Its smaller, and doesn't have a pool.  I have heard they all tend to get a little crowded on sea days, as well.

• Like 1

On Divina, the Thermal Spa area basically consists of two steam rooms and several sauna rooms. All the rooms have a sort of antechamber area where there is at least one, usually two showers, and towel hooks. From that antechamber type room, you then go into the steam or sauna room. There are SEVERAL such "antechamber" type rooms off the hallway that forms the thermal spa area, each with at least one steam room, or sauna room, or both a steam and sauna room. There is a relatively small quiet area with lounge chairs facing floor to ceiling windows where there are 6 rattan loungers and 6 pool deck loungers in two rows.

The ladies dressing room has lockers, three showers, clean bath towels, clean bathmat towels (for the showers), and one sink, as well as a hand dryer type device with a long hose from it (like a vacuum cleaner hose) that I assume might be intended to help with drying hair? It hangs high on the wall next to the one sink in the pretty small dressing room. You give your stateroom key to the desk to get a locker key.

The thermal spa area is relatively confusing as they seem to sell passes to it? But they do not seem to pay attention to whether or not anyone has actually paid to use the area. As a status match gold level, I thought we were entitled to a free hour of the thermal spa but we were never limited in our use of the area, simply getting a locker key and using the area to our hearts content. I thoroughly enjoyed the area and didn't find it crowded when I went. 

Edited by Anita Latte