CDG to ORY public transportation timing?

skings

Hello I have a noonish flight with Tap from Orly on 5/5. Is taking the train much better at 6AM-7AM or

should I plan on Bus from CDG.  Will be travelling solo with luggage and walker. Was told private car or taxi

would be $75 or more😣

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 10:14 AM, skings said:

Hello I have a noonish flight with Tap from Orly on 5/5. Is taking the train much better at 6AM-7AM or

should I plan on Bus from CDG.  Will be travelling solo with luggage and walker. Was told private car or taxi

would be $75 or more😣

I am unsure which question to answer. Trains are always going to be faster BUT, presently in France there are slow-downs taking place due to the proposed reforms for retirement/pensions by the president. Today (January 20, 2020) it was announced that the Paris métro will be getting back to normal schedule as the members of that union have accepted the latest government proposal but the members who operate regional trains (they travel to Orly or CDG) have NOT accepted the terms of the compromise. Will they have made an agreement by May 5? Perhaps. 

Often I have relied on buses to get to the Paris airports but once, during a work slowdown and on a very bad weather day, I missed my plane despite allowing many hours for transit. I almost made it. The plane was still there, they would not let me board, I think it was close to pushing back.

Traffic of course can be challenging on a weekday going into Paris but you'd be traveling, at least to Orly, away from the city. I am unclear, are you arriving into CDG, then need to get a regional flight out of Orly? In this case, by train you need to transit through Paris of course because I'm fairly certain, without consulting my map, you need to switch from RER B (Roissy/CDG to Paris, then Paris to Orly via RER C) I am not looking up where the transfer occurs, might need métro. If you have luggage and a walker then doing it by train sounds daunting. 

If you're flying into CDG early, I'd say get onto the bus going to Orly straightaway and you should be fine for the Noon-ish flight out on TAP. If you're up for the additional $75, go for it. That's more than likely a flat rate as all airport runs tend to be and sounds quite reasonable as it's a decent distance going from CDG which is north of Paris to ORY, which is south. Not so, so much, but they are banlieue. 

Be sure you know where to queue for any bus you will take and make advance arrangements if you will take a private car, again, clarifying where the pickup will be; there are designated pickup places but you'll want to make sure you are in the right place. There's an info desk that speaks English if you need assistance at the terminal to find locations, don't worry. 

And if it's raining that day, leave even earlier. Just saying. 🙂