Customs in Vancouver

cruisePAC

In 2012, we took an Alaskan Cruise from Seward to Vancouver on Royal Caribbean.  We then flew from Vancouver back to our home in Texas.  At that time, we filled out the Customs Declaration Form and went through the customs process in the Vancouver Airport.  In June 2020, we are taking the same cruise and again disembarking in Vancouver.  I'm currently looking for flights and have found a couple return flights with a short layover.  If we still go through customs in Vancouver, these flights will be feasible.  But, if we will have to go through customs upon returning to the USA, the layover time may not be long enough.  

Can anyone who has recently been in this situation tell me about their experience?  

Thanks in advance!  Happy Cruising!

You will go through US Immigration and Customs in Vancouver. This is discussed regularly on the West Coast Departures board, because Vancouver is not in Alaska. The only exception, which I don't think applies to you, would be if you flew late in the day out of Vancouver, or through another Canadian airport.