Fort Lauderdale departure - car seat needed?

colloctopus

Hi all, We are cruising out of Fort Lauderdale In April with our 19 month-old and extended family. We last cruised out of Miami when our baby was 9 months. We didn’t take a car seat for that trip, since the cruise line shuttle didn’t require one to/from the airport/hotel and port (and we had no plans to travel in any vehicle during our port days, same for this coming trip.)

We’ve cruised a lot, but never from FLL. Are there shuttles available (hotel or otherwise) that don’t require car seats? 

(I know some folks feel very strongly about car seat use in all circumstances, and we respect that choice. That’s not what we’re asking about here, however).

Thanks!

Are you flying in the day of? The cruise shuttles from the airport are generally the big busses that don’t require a car seat. Don’t quote me on this, but the smaller vans they use for private shuttles would require a car seat. 

I know you said you’re not planning on bringing a seat but it may actually be cheaper, since paying for a cruise transfer for everyone is quite costly. You can get a $40 cosco car seat from Walmart, it weighs only about 9 pounds, and then take a cab or uber to the cruise, which will save you money on the cruise transfers, even when you factor in the cost of the seat. And they’re small seats so you can just stow it in the closet on the cruise or under the bed, maybe even in one of your suitcases. Just throwing it out there. 

• Like 1