Changing Main DIning Room Table Assignments

lifeisrealygood

My wife and I have cruised a lot on Celebrity.  Normally, it is just the two of us, and we always have traditional dining, early seating.  We always request a table for two, which is always honored.  

The first thing I do when I board the ship is go to the Maitre D on deck four S class and ask to see our table assignment.  Sometimes, we change the table assignment, and have never had a problem.  The Maitre D was always responsive.

This cruise, we are traveling with another couple.  This other couple just booked the cruise in January for March, and were only able to get Select dining.  For those who have experienced this in the past, what are the chances of the Maitre D giving all four of us early dining, table for four, starting the first evening.  I would request this change as soon as we board the ship. 

Anyone experienced this before? 

An alternative is for you to swap to Select and then all prebook a set time for the cruise. Select M’D will usually put you with the same staff for the cruise although you may not have exactly the same table...

If you don’t fancy that then as you say the M’Ds are always keen to help. Go to see him as you board, the fact that two of the four of you are already booked in early should help. He may not be able to sort you for the first night but you should be fine after that...Perhaps you and your friends could book a speciality restaurant first night (usually good deals)...