Piazza Navona Restaurants

kellymccrea

Hi!  My husband and I will be on the Norwegian Getaway June 7 sailing out of Rome.  We are staying at the Palazzo Navona from June 4-7.  I'm looking for any recommendations for a non-touristy, not TOO expensive dinner restaurant for the evening of June 4.  We will be on a food tour the evening of June 5th, and plan on making reservations for Roscioli on June 6th, so I'm down to finding something for June 4th.  We'd like something close so sticking around Piazza Novona would be good.  Anyone have a place to recommend?  I'm googling and have found some options, but nothing that's standing out as a winner or recommended more than once.  Thought I'd check here to see if anyone had a good experience.

Less than a 5 minute walk from your hotel is Armando al Pantheon, a well-recommended, very traditional restaurant located on a side street beside the Pantheon. It's one of my go-to restaurants in Rome. Reservations are required, they generally have what I would call an "early" seating and a "late seating" -- it's not officially listed as such on their website (for reservations) but the tables tend to book up for 7:00 pm, when it opens, and then again at 9:00 pm.

If you do a search on this Forum for Armando al Pantheon you'll find several other recommendations.

We usually stay (and will be doing so again this July) at the Residenza Farnese--near the Campo di Fiore a few blocks from the Piazza Navona...

We have found the restaurants at Piazza Navona to be pricey, crowded and not worth the cost...HOWEVER, the Campo di Fiore has a large number of casual restaurants with reasonable prices and no "cover charge" for an outdoor table on the piazza.  My strong recommendation is to walk over to the Campo di Fiore, stroll around the square and check out the menus...and take a look and smell at what others are eating...and pick  restaurant or two there