Disembarking in Barcelona

Opie417

Hi all!  We will be on the Seaview out of Barcelona in June. The itinerary says we dock at 8:00a.m at the end of the cruise  (Any chance we get in early?) Does anyone have input on the earliest we could get off the ship? We have an 11:15 flight to catch! Yes we will carry off our own luggage and potentially have a driver waiting. Thanks!!

Cannot predict if the ship will come in early.  Just as you cannot predict if there will be delays.  Generally speaking, ships will dock before their arrival time, but that is not a guaranteed.  One thing I thought was nice with European ports, there was no customs to deal with or go through.  It is how fast you can walk off the ship and to the curbside.

We have disembarked with MSC in Barcelona a couple of times, Seaview  Oct 18 and Splendida Mar 17. 

We were so used to RCI getting in very early we thought nothing of it when we booked our flight back to the UK and had a slight panic attack when we saw we were docking at 9am for Splendida !!  I just checked the time stamp on the photos I took as we arrived and they are 8.26am onwards where we were still sailing up to the dock before the ship had turned round .  Luckily we had decided to  keep our luggage , got off the ship as soon as was allowed , grabbed a taxi and made our flight which was noonish  . It is doable but things can happen out of your control .

The beauty of interporting is that not all the guests are trying to empty the ship at once so it less crowded but Seaview is a big ship. 

Edited by heatherb1958

That sounds scarily tight to me. 

Gate probably closes at 10:45, you then have to queue at bag drop and go through security. I'd want to be at the airport at 09:45 at the latest.

So you have 1 hour and 45 minutes, if the ship docks at 8.00, to wait for the ship to get clearance, disembark and cross Barcelona to the airport in rush hour traffic.

You'd want the gods on your side for sure.

It would be too stressful for me to contemplate but I'm a light weight as far as time is concerned.

9 minutes ago, Opie417 said:

We’ll be standing by the door, bags in hand when they open the doors! The travel agency booked this claiming we ‘should be ok’ 😂  

I don't want you using your  'particular set of skills that you have acquired over a very long career' to find me but....

Good luck

😁 👍