Driving to Vancouver -- where to park and where to stay

IPB4IGO

We will be driving to Vancouver in June to catch a cruise to Alaska, returning on another cruise a couple weeks later. We don't pack light when we go on a cruise, so we will have three or four bags to get from the car to the ship. We plan to arrive in Vancouver the day before the cruise starts. Our car will be parked in Vancouver for 22 days.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a park-and-cruise hotel, or any other suggestions for handling the logistics?

TIA

There aren't many park & cruise places in Vancouver these days - none at all downtown that I know of since the BW stopped and the older Coast hotel closed. Some airport hotels obviously offer a 'park & fly' package - and have no need to know that you're cruising, rather than flying 😉 You can take the hotel shuttles to YVR, then simply jump in a cab to downtown (with that much luggage you'll need one, SkyTrain is not going to work for you) for a fixed rate of $36.

Otherwise you're looking at Accent Inns, who are the last hotels that I recall offering an actual 'park & cruise' package - IIRC by default they give you a fortnight of not-actually-staying-with-them parking plus a shuttle to the pier (but you have to find your own way back). You'd only have to pay for an extra week, but I think that's about $10 a day which is cheaper than even the cheapest airport secure parking lot, plus a cab from pier to the hotel at the end (ballpark $35-40).