Specialty Dining Package

Cheer Mom D

We are traveling with a group and we have 3 Specialty Dining Nights included. My question is can we just add nights for a cheaper rate or do you have to buy a package at the full price?  It's cheaper per night for a 6 night package than a 3 night package.

Having already booked our dining last week for 3 specialty restaurants I can tell you it was very difficult finding a restaurant and time we liked.  As a matter of fact, we were only able to get 1 restaurant at a time we liked; the other 2 we have reservations at 8:30.  So checking the restuarants and times for the # of people in your group may answer your question.

8 minutes ago, smrtypnts said:

Having already booked our dining last week for 3 specialty restaurants I can tell you it was very difficult finding a restaurant and time we liked.

The majority of reservations open on embarkation day. The online reservations are only a minority of what is available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheer Mom D said:

We are traveling with a group and we have 3 Specialty Dining Nights included. My question is can we just add nights for a cheaper rate or do you have to buy a package at the full price?  It's cheaper per night for a 6 night package than a 3 night package.

You can not upgrade the free dining package. You have to buy  an additional package with a

minimum of 3 nights for $99 pp. 

1 hour ago, smrtypnts said:

Having already booked our dining last week for 3 specialty restaurants I can tell you it was very difficult finding a restaurant and time we liked.  As a matter of fact, we were only able to get 1 restaurant at a time we liked; the other 2 we have reservations at 8:30.  So checking the restuarants and times for the # of people in your group may answer your question.

You waited too long and it is sold out. 

Reservations open 130 days prior to departure for suites and 120 nights for other guests. You need to book exactly 120 days prior to departure or wait until embarkation day. On embarkation day, prime time dining is often sold out at popular restaurants by 1 pm. 

clearly i booked "too late", but i booked the restaurants the day after I booked the cruise.  🙄

Do you think when I board I could go straight to wherever and change the timing?  

Edited by smrtypnts

7 minutes ago, smrtypnts said:

clearly i booked "too late", but i booked the restaurants the day after I booked the cruise.  🙄

Do you think when I board I could go straight to wherever and change the timing?  

It really depends, the larger ships are more difficult to arrange ressies on.  They only allow about 30% of ressies to be pre-booked so if you make your reservations as soon as you board, or soon after, you should be fine. 

Enjoy your cruise. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, smrtypnts said:

I have never had any problem getting all the reservations we wanted when doing it soon after they open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1