Anyone used a Zoomy Drive folding mobility scooter?

mlbcruiser

I am talking about the Zoomy that weighs about 52 pounds, folds up and will fit into the trunk of a car.  While I realize that is pretty light weight for a scooter, I am wondering how handy it would be when trying to make transportation at the various port stops easy. While with some extra effort I can probably lift 52 pounds, it’s not going to be like just lifting up a carry-on bag. The scooter is for my husband who has use of only one of his arms and hands and his balance is not good. Therefore it would either be a taxi driver or myself folding and loading it. 

Also, the scooter is three wheel. If anyone has has this type of scooter or has used one, please comment! Especially w/Re to maneuvering it and also whether or not it moves decently when going up an incline.

Thanks for any information!

Each scooter is different and only someone who has the same scooter would be able to tell you have well it will do on an incline.

My husband has a Tzora and it depends on the incline, but even on the ramp to get on the ship he sometimes requires an extra push.

My husband also has a light scooter, but neither of us can lift it (even together) 

As for three wheels, my husband had one that was a 3 wheel and decided he did not find it easy to maneuver and so got a four wheel one.

Thanks for replying but the reason I asked about this particular model is because we are not purchasing it. We are renting it and it’s the only type of travel scooter that folds that is offered. I’d like to purchase one and have seen one that I particularly like online. Saw someone that had one that looked like it on a cruise last year. However it’s pretty expensive - four or five times as much as you can get a Pride Go Go scooter for. Even if it was not, so far my husband will not agree to purchase a scooter and it’s silly because we are renting them enough that it would be worth it. To him it’s just a big inconvenience to have to deal with getting one in and out of the car and so on. Even though I’m the one that would have to do it.

Edited by mlbcruiser

4 hours ago, mexico8 said:

You might check out the Travelscoot  - it weights less and I can lift it into my car and it also folds up if needed.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Actually the Tzora is only 52 lbs without the battery and that is about what the Travelscoot weighs also.  We are kind of stuck right now that we have recently bought the Tzora and can't buy a new scooter right now. 

We actually saw a new scooter, ATTO that is lightweight and also breaks down into two pieces, but, it is very expensive, about $3000.00.  We will have to think about that one when I also will need one in the near future, but then we also have the problem of getting two scooters to fit into the back of the car.

32 minutes ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  Actually the Tzora is only 52 lbs without the battery and that is about what the Travelscoot weighs also.  We are kind of stuck right now that we have recently bought the Tzora and can't buy a new scooter right now. 

We actually saw a new scooter, ATTO that is lightweight and also breaks down into two pieces, but, it is very expensive, about $3000.00.  We will have to think about that one when I also will need one in the near future, but then we also have the problem of getting two scooters to fit into the back of the car.

The Travelscoot does not weigh 52 lbs.   It is about 32 lbs with the battery and I take the battery off and put it into the trunk separately and I can lift it myself.  It is about $3,000. (Cdn) and I have had mine about 6 years and love it.   I travel extensively with it and it has been very reliable.

The Zoomy Drive weighs 52 pounds also, as I had mentioned. There is another scooter I’ve come across online that weighs a fair amount less and you only have to push a button for it to automatically fold itself.  You then pull it exactly as you would pull a rolling suitcase. Advertised prices have usually been around $2600 -$2,800. One of the things about purchasing scooters is there are many models and it’s not so easy to find stores with a good variety of brands & models to test drive. Anyway, If anyone out there has used one of the Zoomy Drive scooters I hope they see this and reply.

The balance issues are only when standing due to a right leg and arm that were affected by a stroke. Doesn’t have anything to do with dizziness or other equilibrium issues. But thanks for the heads up. 

And a 32 pound scooter wait sounds great! Just wish the lightweight ones didn’t have to be so expensive!

Edited by mlbcruiser