Best Beach - 5 Ships in Port - March 2020

scrappycat2

Going to St. Thomas in March.  Want to do beach on our own.

5 ships in port that day, most at the same time.

Recommendations?  Basically looking for a beach with chairs, umbrella, food and drink, possible snorkeling but not a necessity.

And/or Kon Tiki party boat to Water Island.

Considering:

Megan's Bay

Honeymoon Beach

Trunk Bay

St. John

Water Island - can anyone tell me about Water Island?

Thanks!

In March (high season) + 5 ships in port, your list is the same as everyone else and includes many of the most popular beaches as you noted...

For all these amenities + snorkeling look at Sapphire, Secret Harbor, or Coki (least crowded to most). For no snorkeling Magens or Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach). Trunk Bay is on St John and is another gorgeous beach with amenities but also gets quite crowded...Honeymoon on STJ is a less crowded option with some amenities...

Honeymoon Beach on Water Island often gets very crowded, especially with a ship in Crown Bay, and when the party boats stop in. You can find tons of info on WI or on other beaches by using the search function.

I'd recommend Lindbergh if snorkeling is not important, and IF there are no ships in port in Crown Bay, but there probably are...

Edited by blue_water

• 2 weeks later...

Meagans Bay is nice but usually crowded.  It has chairs and a bar etc. 
St John’s -We love St John’s but have not been since the a hurricane.  Unless it has changed Trunk Bay is a park. Beautiful beach and crystal water but it does have lo lounge chairs lined up to rent.  Many people just use their towels or I believe they will rent you a beach chairs.    I liked Cinnamon beach better than the more population Trunk but it even more like just a beach.  Might not even rent chairs.  

Keep in mind transit time to St John’s.  The most common route is cab to Red Hook and then a ferry to St John’s.  Between the cab and Ferry you are looking at an hour. Each way if you time it right.  We have also taken the ships excursion explore St John’s on your own which is really just a ferry ride from the ship to St John’s and back. I like this option but on our cruise coming up they are calling it a 4 hour excursion.  The boat ride is 45 minutes each way leaving very little time to explore in my opinion.