Anyone done the Spirit of Iberia cruise on the Dream before?

Really happy to be sailing on the Dream again, last cruised on her Feb 2018 when we did the Canarian Flavours cruise which was wonderful.  Having already been to Gibralta before I am happy that we will have a great day there however all the other ports are new to us, has anyone else been to Malaga, Leixoes, Lisbon, Cadiz and Casablanca before, would you recommend the TUI excursions or can you do them on your own confidently?

Hi yes we have been on this cruise several time but never been to Leixoes so can't help with that one. Lisbon, Malaga and cadiz all ok on your own we did a nice wine trip from Cadiz to Jerez. Casablanca we have done both on your own and ships excursions, several, but to be honest on our last visit we remained onboard. If its your first time I would go with the ships trip and hope you get a good guide they may try to drop you off at the market on your return , for relatives🙄, but it's a nasty walk back through the port so be careful. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Hi yes we have been on this cruise several time but never been to Leixoes so can't help with that one. Lisbon, Malaga and cadiz all ok on your own we did a nice wine trip from Cadiz to Jerez. Casablanca we have done both on your own and ships excursions, several, but to be honest on our last visit we remained onboard. If its your first time I would go with the ships trip and hope you get a good guide they may try to drop you off at the market on your return , for relatives🙄, but it's a nasty walk back through the port so be careful. 

Thank you for your reply and very helpful information will be looking at doing some of the trips on our own but was always thinking of going on a Ship excursion for Morocco as we have been to European ports before but never African ones and as we are travelling with my husbands parents I don't think they would be happy unless it was an organised trip.

• 2 weeks later...

In Casablanca, do the trip to the mosque its spectacular. We used a local taxi to the mosque, then after the tour , we walked into the town and back through the port to the ship. Its doable, and a lot more interesting than riding through town on a bus. Its approx 3 hours walk, so not for the unfit, but we never felt uneasy, even in the less palatial parts of the city.

In Lisbon, do try the old trams - see Tripadvisor for the best route (28 rings a bell). The main sites are well spread out, so you cant walk them all in one day. Perhaps try the hop on - hop off bus. 

Thanks Howmuch!  Really looking forward to Morocco as haven't been there before and will be doing the Mosque trip as it looks magnificent and although I am quite fit the in-laws are getting on a bit so we will have to do the ship tour however looking forward to doing some of the other ports on our own although I love the idea of the port and sherry tasting tours...hic!