Suite guests traveling with non-suite children

CVW

My wife and I have an Owner’s Suite on the Symphony this March...last minute booking. We’ll be traveling with our two daughters, 17 and 15, and son, 23. Our suite technically has capacity for all of us, but even Royal Caribbean recommends against it for older guests. So we’ve put them in an inside stateroom nearby. 

We didn’t realize that the Key Program had already sold out, and I’m concerned now about being able to travel together. 

The RC rep on the phone seemed to reassure me that since they were our kids, they’d let us board and disembark together once we explained the situation. 

I’ve told that I’d be willing to pay for the Key for each of them. It seems like it should be a no-brainer to RC since they’d have the capacity if I booked them all into suite that we have. (There’s no other availability for other suites, by the way.)

Does anyone have experience with this?

Also, in a not-completely related question, when making dining reservations as a suite guest, can I make reservations for 5, even though there are only two in my suite?

Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, CVW said:

Also, in a not-completely related question, when making dining reservations as a suite guest, can I make reservations for 5, even though there are only two in my suite?

Thanks. 

Yes, just let the Concierge know how many ... they will ask for room numbers. You should get an email 5-6 days prior to sail date. Just respond and give them the info and time  

9 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

...not sure about access to CK and SL for the 23 year old. Should not be a problem for the minor children 

So you think I’ll be able to at least get the teenagers into Coastal Kitchen? That’d be great. 

I’m mostly concerned about embarking and disembarking, including at ports of call. Would you recommend just taking the five of us to the suite embarkation area, and just asking? I don’t get the sense that they’ll give me a definitive answer before hand. 

Any thoughts are appreciated. (We did the Oasis last year, but we had two suites, so there were never any questions.)

7 minutes ago, CVW said:

So you think I’ll be able to at least get the teenagers into Coastal Kitchen? That’d be great. 

I’m mostly concerned about embarking and disembarking, including at ports of call. Would you recommend just taking the five of us to the suite embarkation area, and just asking? I don’t get the sense that they’ll give me a definitive answer before hand. 

Any thoughts are appreciated. (We did the Oasis last year, but we had two suites, so there were never any questions.)

I spoke with Royal about a very similar situation i'm in with my kids, and was assured that since they are minors, they must be with you during embark/disembark because they can't board by themselves. Your older son would be the wild card here because he is no longer a minor. 

Edited by MiniChunks