Bourbon selection with Deluxe Drink Package?......

zdad59

29 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

Does anyone know what the bourbon selection is for someone with the deluxe drink package?     Me loves a good, high quality, bourbon.

Unfortunately no "deluxe" bourbons, here's what the website lists under whiskeys.  You won't find them all at every bar.  The better ones will probably be hiding in the Ensemble Lounge or whatever the fancy lounge/bar is on your ship.

WHISKEY (BOURBON, CANADIAN, IRISH, AND SCOTCH)

• Aberfeldy 12
  • Bulleit Rye
  • Chivas Regal 12
  • Crown Royal
  • Dewar’s 12
  • Gentleman Jack
  • Glen Scotia Single Malt
  • Glenfiddich Reserva Cask
  • Glenfiddich Select
  • The Glenlivet
  • Haig Scotch
  • Highland Park Scotches
  • Highland Park Elnar
  • Jack Daniel's Black
  • Jack Daniel's Honey
  • Jack Daniel's Rye
  • Jack Daniel's Single Barrel
  • Johnnie Walker Black
  • The Macallan
  • The Macallan Lumina
  • The Macallan Quest
  • Maker’s Mark
  • Rittenhouse Rye
  • Wild Turkey
  • Woodford Double Oaked
  • Woodford Reserve
  • Woodford Rye
Edited by TFLG

THANKS !!!!

Woodford Double Oaked is good.   Bullit is a good second choice.

Agree about JD......It's Tennesee Whiskey, not bourbon.    I'm a bit of a snob.   If it ain't from Kentucky, it's not bourbon.

On our last cruise I ordered drink in Care al Bacio from their after 6 drink menu that has liquor in it.   The one I ordered listed Woodford as one of the liquors.  I watched the person make it and they used Ten High.   I made a remark that it is supposed to be Woodford.   She told me that Ten High was a premium liquor and much better.

They did have Ten High at some of the bars and it sure isn’t a premium.  It is one of the cheapest bourbons and taste like it.  

At one time it may have been as it got its name from being made from  the barrels that were on the 10th level of the Rickhouse.   Thru ithe years like many products that are bought out the product was probably cheapened. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Bourbon doesn't have to come from Kentucky.  However, the bulk of it does.

From wikipedia:

The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits state that bourbon made for U.S. consumption[21] must be:

Jack meets the standard bourbon. Jack is also qualifies as a legal variant of Tennessee whiskey (which is a whole other political mess).

Don’t forget that flavored spirits like Fireball are not bourbon, they are blended whiskey. Cruising is not the place to expect good bourbon. On our last cruise we did not upgrade to premium beverage because of the slim picking for bourbon. Once the Woodford Double began to be available we spent less than the upgrade cost per day and just paid for premium bourbon when the had it. About $2.00 a drink if I remember correctly and we came out ahead😉. For good bourbon, Kentucky is the place to vacation. 

• Like 1