Internet access when in Port -Western Med?

Number34

We are on a 7 day cruise in April, port intensive - Marseille, Genoa, Naples, Messina, Valletta and Barcelona with only one sea day. I have unlimited data roaming on my phone and wondering whether the connection will be good enough whilst in port to use it instead of paying for internet access on the ship. I like to use it as a hotspot for my iPad to check email, download newspaper etc.

Advice welcome.

On 1/16/2020 at 1:29 AM, Number34 said:

We are on a 7 day cruise in April, port intensive - Marseille, Genoa, Naples, Messina, Valletta and Barcelona with only one sea day. I have unlimited data roaming on my phone and wondering whether the connection will be good enough whilst in port to use it instead of paying for internet access on the ship. I like to use it as a hotspot for my iPad to check email, download newspaper etc.

Advice welcome.

Unless UK Brexit  untill April you will be fine 😛

Did that tour, i only used data from mobile phone, you can stream from Netflix without problem. 

2 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

We get free unlimited data from our T-Mobile plan.  170+ countries included.  Worked fine in the med, Japan, s Korea, Norwegian fjords, Dublin, Shetland islands, etc etc etc

Thanks for the information. We recently switched to T-Mobile and wondering if the worldwide coverage is really 210+ countries. 

13 hours ago, SirWolf said:

Thanks for the information. We recently switched to T-Mobile and wondering if the worldwide coverage is really 210+ countries. 

We have had Tmobile coverage all around the world except on a small island in the South Pacific. The speed goes to 2g but we can live with that. 

Thanks for the replies. 
As to Brexit(*#*#*) I think roaming will still be allowed.

As to T-Mobile I’m on 3 and it has a good selection of countries, 71, that are included so I will be fine in the Western Med.

• Like 1