Miami Beach, which of these hotels...

marilynbn

I am researching well in advance of our January 2007 Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Miami. We have never been to Miami and will probably stay 2 or 3 nights pre cruise. I think I want to be on Miami Beach or South Beach and also near the port. Anyone know which pier the NCL Jewel goes out of? Anyway, I have been looking at these 3 choices. What do you think? There are 3 of us. We like nice accommodations with view and nice pool. Fontainebleau, The Alexander or Loews South Beach? Marilyn

I love Lowes, but plan on spending about $369 at least per night unless you can get a deal given the time of year. I also love the Marriott Biscayne Bay which is 5 minute drive from the port. Fontainbleu is lovely as well..but regardless, your still going to pay through the nose even if you book in advance. Marriot Biscayne Bay is not on the beach, the others are...Menina

I am researching well in advance of our January 2007 Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Miami. We have never been to Miami and will probably stay 2 or 3 nights pre cruise. I think I want to be on Miami Beach or South Beach and also near the port. Anyone know which pier the NCL Jewel goes out of? Anyway, I have been looking at these 3 choices. What do you think? There are 3 of us. We like nice accommodations with view and nice pool. Fontainebleau, The Alexander or Loews South Beach? Marilyn

My pick would be The Loews because the beach in South Beach is so much nicer and wider than the beach in Mid Beach. Also, you must have a car in Mid Beach and you do not need one in South Beach. In fact, a car is more of a hassle.

All things being equal, I'd still pick The Loews. It is a fabulous hotel in an excellent South Beach location right at Lincoln Road Mall (pedestrian outdoor shopping, no cars). It is also oceanfront and has fabulous pools!

The pinapple chandelier in the lobby is glorious!

South Beach is also closer to The Port of Miami and therefore a cheaper cab ride.

Rich in history and visited by every American president since Eisenhower, the Fontainebleau Resort has graced the Miami landscape for over 50 years.

Designed by famed architect Morris Lapidus, the Fontainebleau Hotel has become a world-renowned icon. The resort has hosted entertainers such as Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope and Elvis Presley; and served as the location for many films, including James Bond's "Goldfinger", "The Bodyguard" with Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston; and in the movie "Scarface: it's where Tony gets slapped by the girl at the pool. hehe

The Fountainebleau Resort is situated on 20 lush tropical acres on the ocean in Miami Beach. The Hotel has a magnificent setting that encompasses a lagoon-style rock grotto pool surrounded by lush tropical greenery. Poolside cabanas overlook "Cookie's World" and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean.

The hotel offers travelers spacious rooms, some with terraces. A majority of the rooms have water views. Atop the Chateau Building is the "Executive Floor". Guests here are pampered by the elegance of lavishly decorated rooms, personalized concierge services, upgraded amenities and access to a private lounge.

Archived