Bright line train to port packages

Dred pilot Roberts

I have a question for anybody who has taken the bright line on one of the train to port packages.  When checking the prices from the FLL station to port of Miami if you choose MSC the price is $35 but if you select another cruise line like Royal Carribean the price drops to $20.  I know the MSC price includes checking bags at the origin train station and it is delivered directly to your cabin, but a $15 difference seems like a lot for a one way service.  
My question is has anyone done the package and selected another cruise line and then just told the lift driver to drop you off at MSC?  If so did you have any problems, did the driver care?

thanks DPR

I contacted Brightline several times about this.  They insisted that it would not be possible.

I did book Brightline anyway (we just sorta thought it would be fun, and paying the insanely high prices at POM just annoyed the heck out of me.  BUT our price was $90 for two of us for a 7 day cruise, parking for 1 car.  Compared to $176 for POM (7 days parking, but they charge for an extra day, I believe).