VOOM worth it?

Mrsaldog

14 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

How would you know who played nice and who didn't?

I should have worded my previous answer more carefully - currently on a cruise and brain is in vacation mode. 😎  In reality I could never prove which party may be trying to take more than one login - on purpose.

I am not the type of person to automatically jump to the "hog" conclusion.  If I ever did run into this issue, my first thought would be someone made mistake changing devices.  When people meet me to pay for their share and get the log in info I remind them to take care logging in and out.  If they have any trouble, everyone knows my name and cabin #.  Part of the deal is that the package is mine and I have ultimate control including changing the password.  In reality they all have to trust ME.

I am traveling with my parent's and my dad gets the Voom while on the ship, but I don't want to have to go back and forth having to log off for him to log in.  If we are in the same cabin I can purchase my own and it won't effect us correct?

22 minutes ago, DustFSU said:

I am traveling with my parent's and my dad gets the Voom while on the ship, but I don't want to have to go back and forth having to log off for him to log in.  If we are in the same cabin I can purchase my own and it won't effect us correct?

correct if you each purchase a package or buy a multi package to save then it will have no effect.  It’s only if you share one purchased account that you would have sharing issues. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sail n Snow said:

correct if you each purchase a package or buy a multi package to save then it will have no effect.  It’s only if you share one purchased account that you would have sharing issues. 

Thanks for the response 

So if I purchase a 3 device Voom plan, all 3 of us in the cabin can be on 1 device at the same time. We would shut off our cell phone (planning on using wifi in airplane mode) to be able to use iPad? 
Am I better off buying the plan ahead than waiting until day 2 and buying onboard using Diamond discount? What is price of 3 device plan if purchased onboard?

1 hour ago, Janman said:

So if I purchase a 3 device Voom plan, all 3 of us in the cabin can be on 1 device at the same time. We would shut off our cell phone (planning on using wifi in airplane mode) to be able to use iPad? 
Am I better off buying the plan ahead than waiting until day 2 and buying onboard using Diamond discount? What is price of 3 device plan if purchased onboard?

I purchased the 2 device plan and my sister and I were able to be on our devices at the same time.  I also switched from my ipad to my iphone by signing out and then in from one device to the other.  I found it much more reasonable to prebuy the plan since I was getting emails with reduced rates. Once on the ship I found the rate to be higher.  . (I am also Diamond, but wanted to use the internet more than the 24 hours we are given.)  To be honest didn't compare the diamond discount but was happy with the rate I paid.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:57 AM, hallasm said:

At Jewel I did get this message if another device connected with my account - did work well.

Do not know if it is the same all ships.

418DF77F-3B13-4828-9D15-3F40706E9D5A.png.168d3538e0df3e8efc245a30c2486e93.png

If person 1 is logged on and person 2 trys to connect, who gets this message, person 1 or 2? 

We have purchased Voom for our upcoming cruise. Adults would like to use Voom early morning before the teens wake up. Do we need the teens to log off before going to bed, or will adults be able to "Swith Devices"

8 minutes ago, cruise cruise cruise said:

If person 1 is logged on and person 2 trys to connect, who gets this message, person 1 or 2? 

We have purchased Voom for our upcoming cruise. Adults would like to use Voom early morning before the teens wake up. Do we need the teens to log off before going to bed, or will adults be able to "Swith Devices"

The person trying to logon will get this message. So no need to log off the device when you establish a new connection with a different device you can “boot” the other person off pressing the switch device.