Choosing your cabin.

Can anybody tell us when we can choose our cabin number?

We had to book direct with Marella as we were changing from a previous booking. No problem that was handled well but the guy doing it found the system would not let him choose a cabin. He thought this was because we were more than a year before the cruise (its next Febuary) . I called back a few days ago and was told you cannot choose your cabin until 90 days before you sail. Can anyone substantiate any of this or should I just keep on trying until some one books it for me?

Hope you guys can help.

Peter and Jenny

I'm amazed that you can't book a cabin by phoning TUI, which was the original procedure before you could do it on line and all they do is ask you to pay the £48 which is now £50

It has nothing to do with a year to go before you sail or 90 days before you sail - that's airplane seats and it's 90 days before your return So obviously whoever you spoke to didn't know what they are talking about. 

I would ring again and give them your booking ref and demand to book a cabin and if whoever you speak to can't do it ask to be put through to who can. I would write down a number of cabins you would like You can check this online now by doing a dummy booking for your holiday and seeing which cabins are free.

21 hours ago, Zombatar said:

Can anybody tell us when we can choose our cabin number?

We had to book direct with Marella as we were changing from a previous booking. No problem that was handled well but the guy doing it found the system would not let him choose a cabin. He thought this was because we were more than a year before the cruise (its next Febuary) . I called back a few days ago and was told you cannot choose your cabin until 90 days before you sail. Can anyone substantiate any of this or should I just keep on trying until some one books it for me?

Hope you guys can help.

Peter and Jenny

Hi Peter/Jenny

Sorry but whoever you spoke to is talking nonsense,not surprisingly

We have a cruise booked which is over a year away also and selected/chose our cabin at the time of booking

What I will say though,looking at the cabins not available for our cruise would suggests that all cabins have not been released  yet which may well be the case for your cruise

Edited by Jim The Scot

6 minutes ago, Jim The Scot said:

Hi Peter/Jenny

Sorry but whoever you spoke to is talking nonsense,not surprisingly

We have a cruise booked which is over a year away also and selected/chose our cabin at the time of booking

What I will say though,looking at the cabins not available for our cruise would suggests that all cabins have not been released  yet which may well be the case for your cruise

I think I have come to the root of the problem. If you book online (I did a dummy booking yesterday) you can choose your cabin yourself. If however you have to go through Marella as we did(because we were changing an existing cruise booking for another then the cabins did not appear to be available on the system that they use in the office. It rather looks as though I shall have to call back middle of February to get under the 1 year problem and hope they will let us choose our cabin then. There are only a few as we have booked a deluxe balcony and they only appear to be on decks 9 & 10 overlooking the stern of the ship. Anyway thanks for all the advice /comments and here's hoping the next 13 months slip away quickly and we will be off to the Carribean and Explorer 2!!

Peter and Jenny