The National Museum of Bermuda

PrincessArlena'sDad

53 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

How much time should we budget for it?  How long of a walk is it from the pier?

Very worthwhile place to visit. About a 5 minute walk from the pier (assuming you mean a pier in the Dockyard and not in Hamilton/St Georges). We've been a few times and you need about an hour to see it in depth and a bit less if you (like me) tend to move through exhibits in museums quickly. 

32 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We arrive in port at 9, and I'm thinking of going to the museum in the morning, and then a snorkel excursion at 12 or 1:00, or take the ferry/bus to the caves.

Does your trip include an overnight in Bermuda? If so I would recommend saving the museum for the morning of the day you depart-- because its right next to the ship you can budget time better before having to board. 

If your ship doesn't overnight, I would save this for the last couple hours prior to departure as you can walk right over to it, and go and do things away from the Dockyard that require transportation earlier. 

1 minute ago, princeton123211 said:

Does your trip include an overnight in Bermuda? If so I would recommend saving the museum for the morning of the day you depart-- because its right next to the ship you can budget time better before having to board. 

If your ship doesn't overnight, I would save this for the last couple hours prior to departure as you can walk right over to it, and go and do things away from the Dockyard that require transportation earlier. 

Yes, we overnight.

Arrive Wed. 9 am

Depart Thurs. 3pm

We might do a ship's excursion on Thurs morning (snuba or snorkel), as we do have quite a bit of time, but wouldn't want to worry about getting back by 3 pm.

Some of those Thurs excursions get back at noon, so we could see the museum then, but I don't know if we'd feel like walking around the museum after a snorkel trip, wearing bathing suits.