Back from Luminosa

envy4u

Did you have any children with you?  I have a question about the kids club and when kids are able to self signout by age.

Also can you advise if it is worth it to upgrade the drink packages from Brindiamo to Piu Gusto if you are a wine drinker.  The description of the wine available doesn't identify the selection or quality by package just red/white by the glass.  

We did not travel with children. However, we did see many children onboard kept busy by staff.  They looked liked the were having a fine time. 
Re: upgrading beverage package.  Don’t do it.  If you want a better wine just pay for it.  Not worth upgrading.  

3 hours ago, atseaisgood said:

Hi!

We are sailing on 1/25. 

Wondering what time we can get on the ship?

We have a guarantee cabin and could select dinner, how does that work?

Thanks!

They will start boarding around noon. 
I suggest you go to the matre d upon boarding and get the table and seating you want. You only have two choices. 6:15 or 8:30. You will find him at Samsura restaurant Deck 2. 

Your boarding time will on your paperwork usually sent by email this varies according to docking times & location.

If your guaranteed cabin is in the premium grade you can select your dining time on line in "mycosta" scroll down log-in with cruise number & select personalise.

If you have a basic guaranteed cabin you will have to see Maître 'd or you will be on late sitting at 9.15 depending on the number Italians on as they tend to eat late.

Grand Bar- usually there are two groups alternating, 6 PM to 1 AM. Cruise staff games at 8.30 PM and 10.30 PM. The groups usually play a good mix of music, depending what the passengers want. Is that what you found? Was there a Latin Dance Group on board (they do shows in the Grand Bar)?

Piano Bar, what was your evaluation? Did they try to provide alternatives, especially during the cruise staff games?

Pizza til 1 AM, half price Costa Club?

On 1/24/2020 at 4:18 PM, Dancer Bob said:

Grand Bar- usually there are two groups alternating, 6 PM to 1 AM. Cruise staff games at 8.30 PM and 10.30 PM. The groups usually play a good mix of music, depending what the passengers want. Is that what you found? Was there a Latin Dance Group on board (they do shows in the Grand Bar)?

Piano Bar, what was your evaluation? Did they try to provide alternatives, especially during the cruise staff games?

Pizza til 1 AM, half price Costa Club?

Music was ok but the line dancing got old fast. 
yes, pizza 1/2 price with Costa Card 

• 4 weeks later...

Just off Luminosa, I'll add the information envy4u didn't.

Pizza til midnight, takeout $3.50 CostaClub. Thin crust pizza, quite good by European standards (if you want really good pizza, stay home, American pizza is way better). Staff are allowed to use pizzeria for a night out, they pay CostaClub price. Some people apparently get in a real snit over this, it seems just like a normal pizzeria to me, and most of the customers are staff, it wouldn't be open without them.

Salad/sandwich/fruit buffet til 3 AM. Water til at least 3AM (You're a Costa expert when you can figure out the touchless dispensers). Not sure about coffee.

Music in the Grand Bar 6PM til 1AM most nights. Much better than OK, far, far superior to anything you will find on an American ship. Cruise staff do dance with passengers, some of them are quite good. I don't like line dancing either but there's lots of regular dancing. Piano bar Antares, piano player has good variety. Also music in Atrium, deck 2 Aft and Deck 9 (Caribbean theme). The disco is not as bad as most discos, although the floor is kept extremely sticky.

Mattresses are quite firm, as in Europe.

Somebody somewhere was asking about Coke vs ¨Pepsi. It's Pepsi.

English language host hours listed under Hospitality Desk (not Hospitality Service Desk).

Singles. There was a singles meet in the program, I was the only person there.

GLBT. Friends of Dorothy meeting, first I can recall on Costa. I didn't attend. There seemed to be more than the normal number of gay couples.