Panoramic Oceanview

We are booked into a panoramic oceanview for a 4th of July cruise on Liberty of the Seas. We are quite excited about it, but it occurred to me some of you have already tried this type of cabin. What did you think? How did it compare to a balcony, or a regular oceanview cabin?

Thanks in advance!

If it's like the one we had on Freedom (1854) a few years ago, we LOVED it.  So much space, amazing views, and an additional half bath.  Plus separate area for our son to sleep.  We got that one for a steal, as they were somehow still classifying it almost as like a regular OV.  

I'd take it over a balcony any day.  

Loved it , too.  We had a panoramic ocean view stateroom on Adventure of the Seas .  The stateroom was a regular cabin but LARGER and with only one bathroom which was standard size (small ) .  The added bonus were two comfy chairs and small table facing the floor to ceiling windows. It also had the standard sofa and table.  This cruise was from Canada to Fla  in Oct so chilly with two major storms.   If the prices between the balcony and POV were comparable it would be a hard decision.  It would depend on destination, obviously.  

Cabin #1830 on Adventure of the Seas starboard near the bow was more spacious than that !  Like I mentioned there were two upholstered chairs and table. Plenty of open space between bed and windows and no problem with storing luggage out of sight.   Glad to be alerted that all POV are not alike. 

This cabin was on deck 12 and one morning there appears a window washer dangling out there with no warning.  I waved to him and he waved back.   

53 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Cabin #1830 on Adventure of the Seas starboard near the bow was more spacious than that !  Like I mentioned there were two upholstered chairs and table. Plenty of open space between bed and windows and no problem with storing luggage out of sight.   Glad to be alerted that all POV are not alike. 

This cabin was on deck 12 and one morning there appears a window washer dangling out there with no warning.  I waved to him and he waved back.   

Yes, the panoramic OV cabins on Voyager class are larger than these on Freedom class ships which Liberty is. This is indicated on the description of each. Voyager class shows 191 sq.ft.  where as Freedom is 175 sq.ft. 

Below is shots of panoramic cabin 1860 we had on Navigator. It was definitely larger than same category on Freedom.

By the way your cabin 1830 had only chairs because it is a connecting cabin. We had a sofa and a chair at the desk in cabin 1860.

P1210598.JPG

P1210600.JPG

Edited by robtulipe

23 hours ago, NHProud said:

If the prices between the balcony and POV were comparable it would be a hard decision.  It would depend on destination, obviously.  

We have two adjoining Panoramic Oceanview rooms booked for 29th March, and I just checked on two adjoining balcony rooms (4B) that opened up on Deck 7.  The price difference was ~$370 per room.  That made it an easy decision for me - to save $740, I'm OK with walking about 50 feet aft and taking a chance on finding a chair by the running track.  🤑

--bruce T.