Ovation of the Seas - New Zealand 2019

poppetts

Hi there, I was on the cruise that Ovation of the Seas did in December last year to New Zealand when white island erupted.  Terrible day that's for sure, just thankful we did not take that tour to White Island. The reason for this question though, i received an email from Royal the other week stating and i quote:

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We’re very sorry about your experience on your recent sailing. It’s truly disappointing for us when situations hinder our ability to deliver the best cruise experience.
As promised by our Hotel Director, attached you will find the Future Cruise Certificates offered onboard. We'd love the opportunity to have you sail with us again and hope you'll take advantage of the discount.
Please be guided by the redemption instructions and validity dates printed on the certificate when you are ready to cruise again. We’re confident we’ll turn things around and regain your faith in our brand.

The offer is a future cruise credit for the 3 of us 2 adults and 1 child . Broken down it said $619 for the first adult, $264 for the second adult and $139 for the child. 

Was anyone else on this cruise and did you also get the same offer? I cant seem to work out why the 2 adult offers are different, maybe someone can shed some light on this for me. 

Thanks for reading

RIP to all those fellow passengers, such a terrible thing.