Ecstasy vs Paradise

beloum

Need help deciding between 2 cruises.   Both 5 days.   1)    Ecstasy from Jax going  to Princess Cays and Nassau.   Never been to Princess Cays, but like private islands.  Not a big fan of Nassau.  2) Paradise from Tampa going to  Cozumel and Grand Cayman.   Been to both several times.  We live in central Florida, so pretty much an easier drive to both.   Any thoughts on which ship is better, experience with PC, or preferences of ports would be appreciated.   TIA

The ships are a toss up other than Paradise does not have a Alchemy Bar. 

Jacksonville still wins for me because of the easy embarkation and the cruise does the private island stop.  I would take it over Cozumel or GC any day of the week although I do miss the Alchemy.

We are sailing on the Ecstasy out of Jacksonville on Feb. 1st.  First time on that ship but our

itinerary is the same as you are looking at.  We were on the Paradise several years back and

I just wasn't a fan.  Don't particularly care for sailing out of Tampa - Jacksonville is much

easier as far as I'm concerned.  I'd go with Ecstasy and the private island.

Hope your trip is great no matter which you choose!

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

The ships are a toss up other than Paradise does not have a Alchemy Bar. 

Jacksonville still wins for me because of the easy embarkation and the cruise does the private island stop.  I would take it over Cozumel or GC any day of the week although I do miss the Alchemy.

Nevermind....I thought the Paradise was in Jacksonville.  It makes the decision 100% for me since it is the Ectasy.....I like the port, itinerary and ship better.

We just got off Paradise this past week - Leon Smith was a fabulous CD and the rest of the staff was very engaging.  Cam Chavis is CD on Ecstacy and just signed on the ship Jan 18.  We have never sailed with him.

We live in Tampa and we have sailed multiple times from Tampa Bay.  The port is always a bit of a mess to get in and out of, so if ease of embarkation/debarkation is one of your deciding factors, I would sail the Ecstacy 

6 hours ago, beloum said:

Thanks for the advice.    Kinda leaning toward Jax, was just a little concerned about Nassau and Princess Cays.   If it was HMC, would be a slam dunk.   Ray98, does Ectasy have Alchemy?

Yes, Ecstasy has an Alchemy Bar.

Bars don't matter to me, as I don't drink.  I liked the Ecstasy, but unless you have a good idea of what you want to do in Nassau, it's kind of a "meh"  for me.  I have to admit I have not been on the Paradise, but a lot of my cruising friends love this ship. Cozumel is a great port, just find a good excursion. If you snorkel, you cant beat Grand Cayman, as dive shops will let you snorkel for free from their sites-ask nicely.

We went to Princess Cay in December.  It was so hot!  Beach is nice, but the area is very rocky.  Bring water shoes.  The coves (manmade) create quite a wave sensation, making snorkeling near the rocks a bit hazardous. (especially for little ones.)

Jacksonville port is super easy, Tampa not so much (we cruised the legend several times from there). 

The truth is the two ports of Cozumel and Grand Cayman are two of my favorites, but I cruise there from Mobile, not Tampa.  The Bahamas are nice, but they are not my favorite.  As someone said however, if it was HMC (the best private island) it would be a no brainer-however if you want to go there, you need to cruise from Charleston these days.

Not much help, I know, but don't know when you are going either.  If summer-then the Bahamas wont be as hot, as Cozumel. what ever you choose, Have a great cruise!  

20 hours ago, beloum said:

Thanks for the advice.    Kinda leaning toward Jax, was just a little concerned about Nassau and Princess Cays.   If it was HMC, would be a slam dunk.   Ray98, does Ectasy have Alchemy?

Yes....great spot.

If you look, Paradise does several Roatan  & Cozumel cruises per year.  If you add that itinerary in the mix then the Paradise would be a no brainer for me.     my2cents

2020 dates    5-9, 5-23, 7-4, 7-18, 8-29, 9-12, 10-10, 11-07, 12-05

It's interesting to read that several of you prefer Jacksonville to Tampa - Tampa is my favorite port to sail from, and I thought the port at Jax was a complete cluster! 🙂 Ship wise, the Paradise has renovated cabins, but Ecstasy has an Alchemy bar. No idea why they didn't give the Paradise one, it's one of the few remaining ships that doesn't have one.

Love the Paradise, but wish it had an Alchemy - there are still plenty of places for a cold one.  Still would choose Port of Tampa any day.  I find it the easiest embark/disembark of any port we've sailed from (all of the Florida ones, except Jacksonville).

Depends on when you go - Nassau and the private islands, the Atlantic would be too cool for swimming from October until about May for me.  I suspect the same for you being from Florida? 

I love Cozumel - my favorite port.  Lots of beach activities, shopping, restaurants, and the water is much warmer for snorkeling or beaching.

Whichever you choose, enjoy your cruise!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 3:49 PM, Bowman1 said:

We just got off Paradise this past week - Leon Smith was a fabulous CD and the rest of the staff was very engaging.  Cam Chavis is CD on Ecstacy and just signed on the ship Jan 18.  We have never sailed with him.

We live in Tampa and we have sailed multiple times from Tampa Bay.  The port is always a bit of a mess to get in and out of, so if ease of embarkation/debarkation is one of your deciding factors, I would sail the Ecstacy 

Just cruised on Ecstasy with Cam Chavis.  He is AMAZING!  Actually booked another cruise leaving in less than 2 weeks because he really made the cruise fun for our whole family.   2 cruises in 3 weeks with my 4 kiddos!  We wanted to make sure we'd be on a cruise with him as CD before his contract is up in July, so I can highly recommend him. Great energy, but also super humble guy.