46 minute layover in Charlotte

vermonter16

25 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

Airlines are now taking much less money from you than they used to, yet you still want the same levels of service and product as before? There's a saying that comes to mind about quarts and pint pots ...

Indeed, for those who think those airlines are so greedy and profitable then simply buy public stock in them and reap the rewards.... *cough*

I actually can't remember the last time I checked a bag. Maybe 2yrs/40 trips ago...

Edited by fbgd

I get that regular travelers may travel without bags, go on business trips, short trips.  It's ok guys.  I fly every once in a long while and that was simply my observation.  I have a few friends who used to be flight attendants as well...one for almost 30 years....she can tell you about changes lol.

But it's ok.  I'm sorry I said I hate the airlines.  I love the airlines...and even the 737MAX airplanes!  Ask that CEO how much he made and then talk about the stocks.  I love them all!  I'm sorry I don't think flying is even remotely the same experience it used to be (for me).  

Do I have to justify checking a bag?  For a 2 week trip...I'm checking a bag.  If you can get away without it, and jam it into the overhead bin, excellent!  

Edited by vermonter16

2 hours ago, fbgd said:

For a lot of travel the price of business class today is equivalent to economy back in the 1980s and 1990s. Nobody was offering flat beds in economy back then.

The way I look at is you are getting WAYYY more for your money than you were 20+yrs ago and a new class of travel has been created for those who only care about price. And if you only care about price then can't really complain too much when you're sandwiched in and don't get anything service wise.

This ^^^

I also recall long haul flights were the only ones with movies, and there was no selection. You watched what was shown on the big screen at one the bulkhead, or the few scattered pop-down screens or you read a book.  Now even on short haul flights there are a lot of aircraft with individual screens full of movies, tv, music, games etc.  Not to mention wifi.