Marina and Caviar in surf Odyssey Aug 15-29th 2020

Accessor

Does anyone know if Seabourn would setup the marina and/or Caviar in the surf on this voyage *(Odyssey Aug 15th to 29th 2020)? Our last trip 2 weeks no Marina, and Caviar on pool deck, we were bummed. Why don't they just mark each Voyage IF this may occur and when?

Thank you for your feedback. So many opportunities on this itinerary to do both...it would be nice to see them happen to make up for the last voyage.

It is rare for the marina to be used in the Med. And to my knowledge they have never done Caviar  in the Surf there - pretty much limited to the Caribbean, Sir Bani Yas in the Mideast, and Ko Kood in Thailand. 

Why don't they simply stop marketing these "features" if they are seldomly ever used? Would love to see a poll of how many times pax had opportunity to use Marina or get offered Caviar in the surf in all of 2019....

Marketing features that we don't receive only leads to disappointment. Simple solution tell us in advanced which voyage will offer each, weather pending. We can thenb set expectations accordingly.

I would love to experience both, but seems like chances are slim to none...

In 10 cruises since 2010 have seen Marina and all toys in use  once ( in 2010, Med on Legend), and in use to launch complimentary Zodiac trips in Indonesia (2018). We had a fairly lengthy history of having Caviar in the Surf cancelled due to weather/sea conditions,  three or four times I think, but the crew always put on Caviar in the Pool instead. We finally had Caviar in the Pacific Surf in Tivanipupu (2018). Actually,  if truth be told, C in the S is nothing to write home about. One can have caviar anytime one wants, in the comfort of the ship, without having to wade in the water to get it - the novelty of the C in the S experience has about a 20 minute max shelf-life.  What I miss more is the Beach Barbeque, which was cancelled along with the caviar on those occasions when we missed out, and at Tivanipupu it wasn't on offer. We both have very fond memories of the old Deck Barbeques and I think I would enjoy a beach barbie. Maybe we will get one on Sir Bani Yas if it is not a war zone/viral biohazard/on fire when we visit.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 4:15 PM, Chairsin said:

It is rare for the marina to be used in the Med. And to my knowledge they have never done Caviar 

We've been able to use the marina several times on some Greek island itineraries-- it definitely does come out in the Med. But yes, the caviar in the surf is generally relegated to trips where there is a private beach event or else its done on deck. 

In October my wife and I were the only ones to go tubing in Greece. There was not much of an announcement so I'm sure many did not know about it.  There was nobody waiting so we were on the water for around 45 minutes. Seabourn also had caviar set up on the pool deck one afternoon. Enjoy your cruise!