Online Checkin

wowzz

14 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

OK, but on our last cruise, we had Priority Boarding as we are Caribbean.  Walked to the desk, did all the usual and on the ship within about 20 minutes, so don't see the difference?

I will at you know when we return from our cruise in 2 weeks time whether it makes any difference for those of us who have priority boarding.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 1:11 PM, Josy1953 said:

I will at you know when we return from our cruise in 2 weeks time whether it makes any difference for those of us who have priority boarding.

Jean, I did online checkin, I don't know if we were just unlucky but it took us longer to get through the terminal than ever before.  We arrived at the terminal fairly early handed over the car to CPS and the luggage was taken by the porters.  We went into the terminal and were given the usual grey boarding card.  We approached the queue and tried to go to the checked in on line queue but the gentleman who was directing us to the various queues saw the grey card and insisted that we had to go to the priority check-in desks where there were currently no  queues.  When we handed over our boarding passes everything went to pot because we had already checked in on line.  A supervisor had to be found who had a handheld device that allowed her to do the same procedure that would have been done at the desk for already checked in on line.

I don't know whether this was just teething problems with handling priority boarders who have done online check in or whether this is the new norm but I won't be bothering to do online check in on the near future 😀

I think you were the victim of staff not understanding the new system. You should not have been given a card, but just directed to the  desk that deals with online check in. I wouldn't stop using on line check in just because of this initial experience.

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think you were the victim of staff not understanding the new system. You should not have been given a card, but just directed to the  desk that deals with online check in. I wouldn't stop using on line check in just because of this initial experience.

It seems yet again that P&O need to take advice from RCI about how to operate an online check in.  They dont have desks but have enough staff with i-Pads who quickly scan your bar code and complete the process and send you on your way to security.  Oh but of course P&O haven't yet realised that they should have the procedure with the longest wait at the start of the check in process, just something else they fail to learn from their superior peers. 

• Like 1