Balcony dinning in the Norwegian Fjords ?

brunoseas

I was considering booking the Ultimate Balcony Dinning (evening) on our  cruise as it looks a wonderful experience .It is our first time on Princess but also the first time sailing on the fjords  (end of July).I am a bit worried about being cold when dinning out on balcony early evening especially if we are at sea .Has anyone done this at this time of year in the fjords ? .It would nt be the same if we had to eat inside our room .Any thoughts welcome thanks .

Edited by brunoseas

4 hours ago, brunoseas said:

I was considering booking the Ultimate Balcony Dinning (evening) on our  cruise as it looks a wonderful experience .It is our first time on Princess but also the first time sailing on the fjords  (end of July).I am a bit worried about being cold when dinning out on balcony early evening especially if we are at sea .Has anyone done this at this time of year in the fjords ? .It would nt be the same if we had to eat inside our room .Any thoughts welcome thanks .

Like Alaska the weather can change in minutes.

We have never attempted one n Alaska or the Fjords.

Not sure I would.

If you are not comfortable with it being moved into your room then I Probably wouldn't take that chance.

• Like 2

Yes, the scenery is certainly beautiful!  We sailed up and down a fjord on a TA and I was out on deck until late dusk to watch the scenery since it had been very early in the a.m. when we sailed up the fjord.  It was pretty chilly (in May), because the ship causes its own wind, so to speak, as it moves.

• Like 1

Thanks folks I think I shall save the balcony dinning to next year when I  do a med cruise and  use my money to have a couple of specialty dinning nights inside instead. Will use my balcony for breakfast drinks and  viewing fjords .Advice much appreciated.😎 

• Like 2