Tea and Coffee makers in Cabins??

Krazy Kruizers

Going against the grain - I'd love a coffee maker in my cabin!!! I hate hotels that don't have them in the room.......fortunately, most do these days.

One thing I do as soon as I arrive is rinse the pot well, fill it with fresh water, plug it in and let it do it's thing.......no coffee used - I do this twice as I unpack.

Most people fail to realize that in most of those pots much water remains from the last guest - the water you use to make your coffee is not entirely what makes your coffee - it's mixed with what's left over from the last guest user........probably very stale coffee results.

The fact that it's located in the bathroom, I feel, has no bearing on the taste.

I'm all for being pampered but when I want a coffee at some ungodly hour of the night I don't want to wait for room service delivery and nor do I want to decide before retiring at what time I want my first coffee. Chances are I've ordered breakfast for 8.30 but am wide awake at 7 - I'd love my own coffee pot!!!!! Just MHO :) Oh, I drink my coffee black so the milk, sugar, sweetner thingies don't concern me:rolleyes: :)

I vote yes. Cruisship coffee is not very good. I like to bring my own and brew it myself. MHO :cool:

Count me among the "Don't need it/Don't want it"'s

I already bring my own teabags for my Ginger Tea (helps soothe the tummy), but am quite happy with the steward bringing a pot of hot water and nibblies so I can breakfast in bed...

Guest Celestia

I'd LOVE a self-serve coffeemaker in the room. If airlines didn't restrict your baggage so severely, I'd just bring my travel pot.

I bring my own tea anyway, don't like HAL's (I drink Japanese green tea).

The in-room type coffeemakers work fine for my needs. I would bring my own coffee as I don't like 'foofoo' coffee and it would likely be a 'name' coffee on HAL.

We never use room service - to us, room service is only for those confined to cabin due to illness, small children, or other infirmities.

FW&FS,

Celestia

I would like to buy a Neptune Pass even though my room is inboard on main deck. Is this possible? The cappichino machine in the Neptune lounge will make any coffee drink to my liking, even decaf espreso. It is real skim milk in the latte. It is safe, sanitary, and worth the walk. The crew that maintains it are more than worth the tip! The very good room stewards don't need the extra mess. The kind Security - Fire fighting crew certainly don't need 10Ampre unauthorized hazards in all the rooms. The whole ship and propulsion is electrical. Coffee makers, hot plates and elements are not a good idea! (I don't think it is permited, cooking in the room.)

Agree with Mr. J.....never heard of such a thing as a Neptune Pass. People would be lined up for hours if there were such a thing. :) We're looking forward to our first Neptune experience on the Volendam. Previous suites on HAL were before the Neptune and we had an SS category on the Oosterdam which doesn't get suite amenities.

I brought along my own electric kettle on my last/first cruise. I like the convenience of brewing my own tea first thing in the morning and the water is always hot enough. And the kettle stores nicely in the closet after use.

Archived