First time at Icy Point Straight suggestions/recommendations

KristyMisty14

It's my first time to Icy Point Straight and very excited to see a port that we haven't been to before.  We are there 1:30PM to 10:00PM... looking for options for private guides or small group tours that can take us around (not fans of the big groups, where you are regulated on time in places), we like nature, bird watching, easy hikes. (not interested in Whale Watching) Looks like this is a great place for outdoor options.  

Also food!  Any local haunts good to eat at for dinner?

Check out the website for ISP.   They have set it up nicely so that you can see what is available on what may interest you.   It's been 8 years since I was last there, but the trail walk at the port was a nice short self walk, not really a hike. 

https://icystraitpoint.com/

There's also a port map on the website as well.  (I've heard some folks enjoy the wildlife & bear search excursion) Good luck!

Edited by Jnsplace1

23 hours ago, Jnsplace1 said:

Check out the website for ISP.   They have set it up nicely so that you can see what is available on what may interest you.   It's been 8 years since I was last there, but the trail walk at the port was a nice short self walk, not really a hike. 

https://icystraitpoint.com/

There's also a port map on the website as well.  (I've heard some folks enjoy the wildlife & bear search excursion) Good luck!

Thanks I'll check it out!  We have booked private guides before in Juneau (Custom Juneau Tours) and Ketchikan (Ketichikan Taxi Cab Tours) so was hoping people had some personal suggestions on guides as well.   

3 hours ago, Jnsplace1 said:

Personally, I've booked the Glacier Wind based on recommendations from folks here.   

This is exactly what we’ve done - the reviews were very positive, so we’re hopeful for a great excursion!

• Like 2