What time should we leave ship for a flight at 12:30 from Venice airport?

Sistersinlaw

VCE is chaos !  Lines and lines of people that don't seem to move.

When I had a noon flight to JFK, we arrived around 9:30am.  IBy the time we got to our gate, we only had 10-15 minutes before they started boarding.  Even when  was flying within Europe I would arrive 2 1/2 hr prior. 

I'd rather be sitting at the gate waiting than stressing in a security line. 

It's a 20 minute ride to the airport, so for a 12:30pm flight, i'd leave the pier at 9:30am. 

2 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

VCE is chaos !  Lines and lines of people that don't seem to move.

When I had a noon flight to JFK, we arrived around 9:30am.  IBy the time we got to our gate, we only had 10-15 minutes before they started boarding.  Even when  was flying within Europe I would arrive 2 1/2 hr prior. 

I'd rather be sitting at the gate waiting than stressing in a security line. 

It's a 20 minute ride to the airport, so for a 12:30pm flight, i'd leave the pier at 9:30am. 

I agree. I love Venice, but hate flying out of there. I would leave even sooner than 9:30.

Agree 100% with others.  Love Venice, but Venice is a nightmare on cruise ship embarkation day with 4 ships. 

Expect long lines to get out of the port area.   Last August we embarked in Venice it took us almost an hour to walk from Piazzalle Roma to the cruise ship terminal which is only a few hundred feet away.   There was line up for buying tickets on the people mover and it was 20 minutes alone.  Then 15 minutes of line up to get up to the people mover platforms, then line up to get off the people mover at the cruise terminal stop and walk down the stairs.   

The line up for the water taxi was nuts.