Princess Excursions for 10 day Fr.Polynesia & Cook Islands

dog

I am looking for recommendations re: Princess sponsered excursions.

I have a sent emails to Marc and Bruno to do those independently, but would like to hear from people that have taken any Princess excursions in Rarotonga, Raiatea, Bora Bora and Moorea.

What did you like the best? Which would you recommend?

Can you direct me to any trip reports or photo albums showing these?

Thanks,

J.

I can recommend the Tahaa Coral Gardens Drift Snorkel offered by Princess on Raiatea.

We did this excursion in 2004, when I was unable to secure arrangements with Bruno, and wasn't disappointed.

In fact, on our upcoming b2b French Polynesia/Cook Island cruises, I'm using Bruno on the 1st Leg visit to Raiatea, and the Princess Drift Snorkel on Leg 2.

For a short review I wrote from our 2004 cruise, go to: http://casad.net/?l1918

Thanks Bill,

Bruno was instant in answering my email today so we are confirmed. Sent our deposit by Paypal to him this afternoon.

Haven't heard from Marc yet but we are really hoping to get on this excursion with him.

I'm looking for something on Bora Bora ( maybe a boat rental ) and thought for Rarotonga we would go with a Princess excursion...incase we don't get to stop there.

You will have an amazing time with Marc. The poisson cru is amazing--and I am not a fish or coconut lover!

In Bora Bora, my wife and I did the intro dive. She is a dive master, but I had only been in a pool before in Cancun. It was alright, but had a problem with my weight belt--and the guide was touching the coral left and right. I was pretty disgusted with that, since that just kills the coral--and being a diver one would think he knew about that.

My wife did the night dive later that evening with the same company (through the ship) and although the dive guide continued to touch the coral, she said it was absolutely amazing at night and a must do if you are qualified.

I heard many others on our ship do the SNUBA. They enjoyed that immensely as well. Make sure to stop off at Bloody Mary's while your there. And go in the men's bathroom for a shock! My wife and a friend we met on the ship went in just to check it out. Great laugh and great spicey margaritas and fish sandwiches!

I forgot to mention that in Moorea we did Dr. Poole's whale watch. According to Dr P, only about 5 % don't see whales on their tour.---well we fell into that 5 %--and we were there during whale season!! A total drag and the weather was awful--but it would be an amazing tour if you get to see whales or dolphins. We saw neither, but then again, we weren't at SeaWorld!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone,

So far I have independently booked Bruno's, Marc's and a car through Albert' - Moorea. They all responded to my emails within a few hours.

So now I am looking for either a car rental or small boat rental in Bora Bora.

We did the Champagne Sunset cruise on Bora Bora thru the ship. It was fantastic. our tour guides were really friendly. They had juices and rum punch,too. Watermelon and coconut were sliced on the catamaran if you wanted as well. We had a great time on our cruise. We also did Marc's tour in Huahine, lunch was a lot of fun sitting in a foot of water. Make sure to reapply sunscreen, we didn't as much as we should have and paid for it that night. We heard great things about Bruno's tour especially the coral snorkeling area. We did Patrick's excursion on Bora Bora. I really wanted to swim with sharks, DH was hesitant. Afterwards, he said 'thank you for making me go on this excursion'. He really enjoyed it, too!! have a great trip. I can't wait to go back!

Just had Marc confirm our tour with him also. Pleased that we got in with both of them.

Has anyone rented a small boat in Bora Bora?

We rented a small boat right on the pier for $125.00 for 4 people all day. It was a very basic boat. aluminum , 6 horse power motor, had free oars just in case. no ladder to climb back in after swimming/snorkeling, though. But we were able to go where ever we wanted that way. It worked for us!

Archived