Carnival Sunshine Bringing Wine on Board

bicandstan

Long time Cruiser here,first time going out of Charleston,a 90 min drive.leaving on the Carnival Sunshine.Never brought any wine on any cruise line.thinking about this time trying to save some$$ I read about the corking fee of $15.it would be for room only.any thoughts about bringing wine on board?I'm all for following the guidelines and possibly bending those guidelines within reason

Many Thanks

11 minutes ago, bicandstan said:

Long time Cruiser here,first time going out of Charleston,a 90 min drive.leaving on the Carnival Sunshine.Never brought any wine on any cruise line.thinking about this time trying to save some$$ I read about the corking fee of $15.it would be for room only.any thoughts about bringing wine on board?I'm all for following the guidelines and possibly bending those guidelines within reason

Many Thanks

Welcome! Many people do bring their wine on board with them. Don't forget your corkscrew! Many people also bring a glass of wine from their room to dinner in the MDR(Main Dining Room). No harm in that. 

14 minutes ago, bicandstan said:

Many Thanks

no issue,  you would only have to pay the fee if you bring the bottle to the mdr

You can carry on the 750ml bottle of wine ( 1 per adult in the cabin). Must be in your carry on bag or you can literally carry them on board.   Don't forget the corkscrew!  There are 2 heavy  wine glasses in the cabin or ask any bartender for 2 'nicer' wine glasses.  You can carry a glass of wine to dinner, even in steakhouse, MDR or Cucina, etc. If you bring the bottle they will charge you a corkage fee.  Nice way to unwind if you have a balcony...sit 'n sip!

We always carry on a bottle of wine & bring our own corkscrew.  I have heard, though, that your steward can get you one to use.  We just pour our wine into the glasses that are in the cabin or if I have brought my own insulated cup, I have no problem pouring it into that.  I feel like they don't want you to carry your bottle around with you, but no problems if you put into a glass.

2 minutes ago, dmdiver said:

We always carry on a bottle of wine & bring our own corkscrew.  I have heard, though, that your steward can get you one to use.  We just pour our wine into the glasses that are in the cabin or if I have brought my own insulated cup, I have no problem pouring it into that.  I feel like they don't want you to carry your bottle around with you, but no problems if you put into a glass.

As usual ,I appreciate the info.anyone ever bring one bottle for each carry on or am I pushing it? Again many thanks

6 minutes ago, bicandstan said:

As usual I appreciate all the responses,any ever bring one bottle for each carry on,? Or am I pushing it? Many thanks

No. You are not pushing it at all! It is a very common thing to do. Really, If you are travelling with someone else, you BOTH can carry one each into your cabin. No problems whatsoever. 750ml per bottle of wine. It's quite common to do so. 

My wife has carried wine on board and it was one they have available on the ship. Tell your waiter it was a gift in your cabin and there wasn't the corkage fee. Now that was 2 years ago so not sure now if that works. Someone else will need to let you know what wine selections are available now.

8 hours ago, robinsra said:

Won't your room attendant give you a corkscrew to use on board?

Yes! Just ask. On the Magic last year, our steward has us call room service to get nicer wine classes. We called each evening, got two glasses for free, poured some wine and carried them with us to dinner each night. It was a great way to do it. 

We brought screw top bottles for ease, but your room steward should be able to get you a corkscrew without any issues.