Does Southampton have any travel appeal there or nearby?

Doscervezasporfavor

24 minutes ago, kenhem said:

I'm confused, are Kutis and Gatehouse 1833 the same? According to TripAdvisor Gatehouse 1833 is now permanently closed and served different food than Kutis. We're going to try Kutis ahead of our upcoming June cruise because of the good reviews we've previously seen.

Yes, Kutis Brasserie The Building is run by Mr Kuti Miah, Gatehouse 1883 was fusion situated upstairs, whilst Kutis Indian was downstairs. The Gatehouse has now ceased and it  now serves only  Indian.

https://www.kutis.co.uk/

ABOUT
Kuti's Brasserie is a fine dining Indian restaurant set in a dazzling Grade II listed building on Southampton's Waterfront. Kuti's Brasserie is overseen by Head Chef Ravi Rao, and serves an extensive menu of traditional favourites both for lunch and dinner. Kuti's Brasserie at the Royal Pier can also be hired for weddings and events, and the waterfront position and beautiful view makes for the perfect setting.
The Dancing Man Brewery opposite is also a fun building for a drink or two also does eats !
If you like Italian, then just a bit further along Town Quay is ennios.

Edited by Pennbank

I would like to suggest that visitors to Southampton take a trip out to the villages of Hampshire particularly those in the Meon Valley eg Wickham. It's a quaint little place centred on an old market square. Fabulous independent shops open 7 days a week and lots of places to eat including a Vegan cafe. It makes a nice change to the New Forest which can be spoiled by volumes of visitors in the summer and traffic can be a nightmare. And there's even a Kutis there - it's the same family

Cathy

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

So sorry to cause offence. 

Was only repeating what family and friends locally had said, it was not first hand experience. 

Andy 

I speak as a renowned authority on ruby;s.We have 40 in a 3 mile radius of us.Being a London gasman/plumber for 45 years, I have worked in these places.All I can say is that the black bits in the takeaway cartons in the basement of one of the "best" ruby houses in Brick lane,frequented by "city gents",are not poppy seeds.

• Haha 1

Doubt if you would understand what the whicker box was for then . Obviously  you have not yet ventured into an establishment as clean as Kutis Royal Pier . Pic of gents Washroom 

D8948B09-FF85-42D0-A9F3-D00F01C4D372.jpeg

Edited by Pennbank

They don't store and prepare food in the customers WC.You don't know what goes on behind closed doors,I do,lol. PS,passive aggressive sarcasm doesn't work with me.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 1

I know perfectly well how Kitchens work, especially certified Kosher Hotel Kitchens Thank you.

Here are some of Kuti's Kitchen.

He does not operate a closed Kitchen door policy. If you ask Mr Kuti he is always happy to  let the customers see how clean his  Kitchen is .

It is one of the cleanest I have seen.

Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 12.04.29.png

Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 12.06.14.png

Edited by Pennbank

When I was an apprentice there was a Kosher place called Blooms in Aldgate.Very posh and frequented by celebs etc.The kitchen was filthy.All my experiences relate to London.Perhaps the bestest ruby house in the known universe in Southampton is as good as you say.