New to MSC Wine packages ?

titanic27

We have never cruised MSC, but on Carnival could buy 3 or 5 bottles of wine at a lower price than per bottle does MSC offer this option?

and can we leave a half full in the care of dinning staff for other nights?

We drink maybe 1 drink and 1-2 glass of wine so the complete drink package not worth it for us.

thank you 

MSC once had the best wine packages of all the cruise lines.  Alas, we have not seen them available for the last few years.  Perhaps someone from MSC will monitor this board and return the packages.  So now, if you do not drink at least five drinks a day the Easy package is not worth it.  At this time your only option is a la carte.

• Thanks 1

There are always offers/discounts on individual bottles of wine in the MDR or at least there have been so far on all our MSC cruises since 2017.

You can purchase a bottle and have any left over saved for the next evening no problem or you can also take with you any unfinished bottle to a bar or your cabin. We have done both. 
If you don’t see any flyers for discounts on bottles of wine ask the Maitre D if there are any.

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Thanks 2

Sorry, but we did not see any discounted wines on board.  Perhaps as heatherb states, you can always ask the maitre'd.  We usually just get the Easy package:  offers good coffees  and san pelegrino besides fruit juices, and a few palatable wines by the glass, together with an after dinner drink while dancing it somehow ends up paying for itself (barely).

Thanks, I have a 4 week cruise and there is only 1 package offered and it is almost 1000US kinda steep - I would not drink the 5 drinks per day for 4 weeks - or if I did I would be rolled off the ship in the last port....haha.

Hope they offer a smaller package once I am on board.

Or, will just buy as I go. 

14 hours ago, neptuno said:

Sorry, but we did not see any discounted wines on board.  Perhaps as heatherb states, you can always ask the maitre'd.  We usually just get the Easy package:  offers good coffees  and san pelegrino besides fruit juices, and a few palatable wines by the glass, together with an after dinner drink while dancing it somehow ends up paying for itself (barely).

hi Neptuno, perhaps it depends on area of sailing . We have only ever sailed in Europe with MSC and have had flyers on the MDR table. I think it generally depends  if pre booze sales targets have been met  and demographic onboard  i.e. a majority nation onboard not known to drink . 

On Grandiosa  In December  we did not pre purchase anything and there were lots of offers of BOGO in all bars  at set Happy hours which we took advantage off  by moving from bar to bar , two lovely bar tenders looked after us very well . 
In the pub they had a bizarre offer of buy any burger get a free pint of any  draught beer, a burger was €4 and a pint of Guinness was €7 !  It was a no brainer to order the offer and tell the kitchen to cancel the burger. We asked the bar man why such a crazy offer and the answer was they were down on food sales in the pub and some bright spark came up with the free beer offer as they were ok on drink sales , you couldn’t make it up.

We had a few cancelled kitchen orders ! 😆.

• Haha 1