Amazing Sacred Underground River

kitiara

This tour likely goes to Gran Cenote near Tulum which is about 40 miles south west of Playa Del Carmen where the ferry portion takes you and is about a 45 minutes van ride away as described in the tour info.  See https://thatadventurer.co.uk/10-best-cenotes-in-mexico/

Edited by robtulipe

It goes to Rio Secreto. We did this tour and loved it. A couple things to be aware of - you have to take the ferry to the mainland, which makes many people seasick (we were okay). And the footing underwater in the cave is a bit uneven and slippery, so I wouldn't recommend it for someone with mobility problems. That said it was one of the best excursions we have done, the cave is gorgeous and really fascinating.

We went on this tour in early last December. It is well worth it and got a good deal through the ship. Price includes the ferry and bus ride.  Keep an eye on it as the price goes up and down. Don't worry where it is, just go with the flow.

Edited by mac66

If it is Rio Secreto cenote it's only about 3 miles south of Playa del Carmen near Xcaret.

Don't know why RCI tour write up info indicates a 45 minutes vehicle ride to get there especially considering how fast those tour drivers drive.  😱

If it is Rio Secreto I can confirm it was one of the best excursions we have done.  We did it in 2015 on a Disney Cruise excursion.  We have 3 boys (now 12, 16, 19) so they were young then, but it was truly amazing.  I wear the patch and did fine on boat over, I gave my oldest Dramamine and he was fine.  It was 20 minutes I think, I just remember saying to myself I can handle 20 min of motion sickness!  I would not let that deter from such a great adventure.  You wear wetsuits and mining helmets w lights.  You travel through bumpy areas and hip deep water.  There is a Mayan ritual before u enter and a shot of something strong but tasty at the end.  A lunch was served as well.  We’ve got great pictures to memorialize that family adventure!  Have fun!!!