Dress while on the ship

Moonstruck1115

We will be on the Coral Princess in late May.  Just wondering what most people wear while on the ship and going to restaurants.  We have no desire to participate in the dress up nights, but I don't want to be too casual either.  Are jeans and leggings good enough for this type of cruise?  TIA!

• Like 1

First, I would be asking this on the Princess board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/119-princess-cruises/

as it has to do with a Princess policy (dress code) or procedure.

Second, never heard of any cruise line that changes their dress code depending on where they are sailing. Yes, some people may chose to swing to one side or the other of a dress code based on space and packing needs for heavier clothing. If nice jeans are approved by Princess, in the Caribbean, for example, they will be approved in Alaska.

We've been on many Alaska cruises. On the ship I just wear nice jeans. Business casual is normally what they like to see in the MDR for dinner. I'll wear a nice pair of jeans, polo shirt to breakfast and lunch. Dockers and a nice shirt to dinner. On formal nights I'll wear a pair of slacks, nice shirt with a tie, no jacket. The dress code I feel on the Alaskan cruises are a little lax.

Edited by Eaglecw

• 2 weeks later...

I often wore some type of wind suit pants and/or jacket so I was able to be out even if it was rainy.  Any of the water resistance fabrics are good.  Of course lots of layering.  I also take the disposable rain ponchos.  I would also recommend more than one pair of shoes if possible in case one pair is wet. I agree that Alaskan cruises don't seem to be super formal.