NCL Bliss Accessible Haven Cabins (H5)

pcakes122

Just an FYI for folks booking either of the NCL Bliss Haven H5 Accessible Penthouse cabins - 17124 or 18124.  One of the accommodations I need when booking an accessible cabin is the higher toilet seat.  ADA toilet heights in the US range from 17"-19".  I cruised a few month back in 17124 and noticed I was having more difficulty than usual but chalked it up to weakened leg strength.  In December I cruised in 18124 and from the first day REALLY had trouble - and I did notice the toilet looked a little low.  I mentioned it to the Concierge who had the Housekeeping team measure the toilet height - it was 15".  They then measured 17124 and that toilet was 16" high.

At the first port NCL purchased a toilet riser to assist me, but they could not get it to fit the unusual elongated toilet seat.  The best alternative they could offer me was to direct me to a rarely-used public accessible toilet off the Haven Observation lounge.

I've cruised on NCL for many years on many of their ships in accessible cabins and never ran into this issue.

Just posting here as FYI in case a higher toilet height is something you rely on when booking on the Bliss.

• Thanks 1