Transfer from Greenwich to Heathrow

rozbe

I am looking for advice if booking a flight home at 12:00pm is too early. Oceania says 1:00 but from previous experience, I think I could make it. If I don’t take a 12:00 flight, I have to wait until 4:00. I appreciate any help from people who have disembarked in Greenwich and headed to Heathrow. Thanks in advance

I agree.  I wouldn't try for a noon flight!   I WOULD book a private transfer in any event ... unless as you say the only other option is a 4pm flight ... even so I'd take a private transfer.  It's cheaper than the ship transfer and MIGHT give you time for a short tour in the area.  Better than sitting in the airport for so long.

This is another time when *I* would stay at least one night either at Southampton or near Heathrow and take a morning flight the next day.  I've always had that option in my work days.  I know that many people need to get home right away, so this suggestion does not work for them.

Best of all for me would be to stay in London for 3-4 days.  Again, as said earlier, I understand that not everyone can do so!  (For many reasons.)  We are even luckier in having London friends who join us for various events ... but we also know London well enough that we can happily do London on our own.

Back in the mid 1980s my next door neighbors were transferred to London for work purposes.  When I came for a visit, Debbie was absolutely delighted that I was happy to go around London on my own ... She did have her own life to live!  And I felt the same way (although perhaps from the other end) when friends visited us in NYC and seemed to think that I would be available to devote myself to them ... when I had a job to go to!

Mura

Even with Smith's I'd not book a noon flight.

I don't know when you are cruising but please consider tightened security at Heathrow. It took us almost three hours to get from check in to our distant gate (Delta) in May. It would have been faster if we were in Business of course, but we were in Comfort Plus with no priority.

If the flight is far out consider schedule changes too. We've just had a bunch come through this weekend.

Good luck

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rozbe said:

I am looking for advice if booking a flight home at 12:00pm is too early. Oceania says 1:00 but from previous experience, I think I could make it. If I don’t take a 12:00 flight, I have to wait until 4:00. I appreciate any help from people who have disembarked in Greenwich and headed to Heathrow. Thanks in advance

Don't do it   😧   Wait till 4.00. or fly the next day. J

• Like 1