New to Oasis class

twonpcb

My husband and I will be cruising on Harmony next fall - our first time on an Oasis Class ship in 17 cruises.  I understand RCI designed these ships without a Viking Crown Lounge (What were they thinking?).  Since that was our favorite place to spend a quiet afternoon to read and people watch, what other venues on Oasis Class ships do you recommend for said activities?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, twonpcb said:

My husband and I will be cruising on Harmony next fall - our first time on an Oasis Class ship in 17 cruises.  I understand RCI designed these ships without a Viking Crown Lounge (What were they thinking?).  Since that was our favorite place to spend a quiet afternoon to read and people watch, what other venues on Oasis Class ships do you recommend for said activities?

When Oasis and Allure were first launched they did have the VCL.  It was later changed to a suite lounge and restaurant. 

Lots of places to read.  Not much people watching up there.  For people watching, your best bet is the Royal Promenade, if you don't care for people in bathing suits.  Then your obvious choice is the pool deck.  Read in any venue that is not being used for something at the time.  Schooner Bar, outside in a deck chair in many locations, Solarium, in Central Park, Deck 12 card room.  Or book a balcony cabin or higher and relax on your balcony.