Horizon - Balcony partition removal?

Nickles76

11 minutes ago, Nickles76 said:

I have two adjoining balcony rooms on the Horizon and I was wondering if the partition between the balconies can be removed to create one larger balcony?

Not all adjoining balcony cabin partitions can be opened to one another in regards to the partition possibly covering a balcony door when it is opened. Click on the link below, then click on your deck, then locate your cabin, and it will list which cabin your balcony partition can open to.

Carnival Horizon staterooms located @:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4397/~/carnival-horizon-(hz)-staterooms-and-ship-features

✌️

1 hour ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Not all adjoining balcony cabin partitions can be opened to one another in regards to the partition possibly covering a balcony door when it is opened. Click on the link below, then click on your deck, then locate your cabin, and it will list which cabin your balcony partition can open to.

Carnival Horizon staterooms located @:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4397/~/carnival-horizon-(hz)-staterooms-and-ship-features

✌️

Thank you for this link. Very helpful. 🙂

1 hour ago, five. said:

Short answer: yes in most cases. But limited numbers per cruise can be done, so go to guest services early to have that done.

Long answer: here is a good thread on the topic.

Thank you . I read through the thread and it was informative. It looks like our first stop will be at guest services! 

19 hours ago, Nickles76 said:

I have two adjoining balcony rooms on the Horizon and I was wondering if the partition between the balconies can be removed to create one larger balcony?

On the Horizon, they aren't removed.  They are unlatched and swung open where they are then latched to the bulkhead.  If it will block one cabin door, they won't allow it.

19 hours ago, five. said:

Short answer: yes in most cases. But limited numbers per cruise can be done, so go to guest services early to have that done.

Long answer: here is a good thread on the topic.

They only limit on the Spirit Class of ships because the divider is opened towards the railing and it takes a clamp to hold it.  The limited numbers are because of the availability of the clamps.

17 hours ago, Nickles76 said:

Thank you . I read through the thread and it was informative. It looks like our first stop will be at guest services! 

If the second cabin is under a different name than yours, a person from that cabin must go with you.  They want to make sure that both parties want it opened.  

4 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

If the second cabin is under a different name than yours, a person from that cabin must go with you.  They want to make sure that both parties want it opened.  

It's my husband and kids ... I'm assigned to one room and my husband is assigned to the other room (the one adult per room rule), but I booked both rooms. Hopefully, I can go down without him. If not, no biggie if I drag him downstairs (probably have to drag the kids along with him).

Well, this is pretty disturbing to me. I did book with a PVP to be sure I had three rooms together with balcony dividers that would all open to each other.

I booked rooms 9212, 9216 and 9220 on Vista. When I look on the page someone here provided it only show that 9212 & 9216 balconies will open. 9220 opens with 9224 which does me no good.

On the Breeze a couple years ago we were able to have all three balconies opened. They look like the same type of divider.

Why can they not be opened on Vista? I don't  think these are the type that fold over.

On 2/4/2020 at 2:07 PM, EmmasNana said:

Well, this is pretty disturbing to me. I did book with a PVP to be sure I had three rooms together with balcony dividers that would all open to each other.

I booked rooms 9212, 9216 and 9220 on Vista. When I look on the page someone here provided it only show that 9212 & 9216 balconies will open. 9220 opens with 9224 which does me no good.

On the Breeze a couple years ago we were able to have all three balconies opened. They look like the same type of divider.

Why can they not be opened on Vista? I don't  think these are the type that fold over.

By any chance, was two of those cabins connecting cabins?  Did someone in one cabin have to go into the connecting cabin to get out on the balcony?  The only other thing I can think of us that you were lucky enough to have the cabin steward remove one of the dividers.  Some will and others won't.

6 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

By any chance, was two of those cabins connecting cabins?  Did someone in one cabin have to go into the connecting cabin to get out on the balcony?  The only other thing I can think of us that you were lucky enough to have the cabin steward remove one of the dividers.  Some will and others won't.

yes, two of the rooms were connecting but all three of the balconies were open. We were in rooms 9275, 9273 and 9271 and were able to go the full length of all three. I tried to get into the link provided above but it takes me to a log in which I do not have access to.