Atlantis Waterpark on our own:9-5 docked...is it worth it?

vanchelle

🤨looking for info from those who’ve been in port only 9-5 and did the excursion independently. 

ok, I nearly choked when I priced out day passes for the water park on a Saturday in March for 2 A, 2 C. I also looked at resort for a day and Comfort Suites...which is still the lesser cost.  I’m genuinely beginning to wonder about the value of cost and time available at the park though. At $425 to $625 depending on who we book with, I’m worried we wouldn’t even have five hours at the park itself. 
If the ship is in port 9-5 on Sat March 14 and we don’t do the cruise excursion...and I choose comfort suites-what time am I likely to get to Atlantis for water park? Am I too optimistic to think 10? 10:30?
 I’ve visited Atlantis while in port last June but we had a friend onsite who met us and we walked in. We enjoyed the pools only and didn’t visit the rides so I’m not sure how much time is ideal for a family of four. 
I think we’d have to head out at 3 to get our cab and ensure we have time in the line back to the ship. 

this isn’t adding up to having adequate time but maybe I’m wrong? I appreciate advice!! Our 9 year old really wants this and the 14 year old will do anything but I’m now considering different excursions if we won’t have enough time to make the cost worth it. 

12 hours ago, vanchelle said:

🤨looking for info from those who’ve been in port only 9-5 and did the excursion independently. 

ok, I nearly choked when I priced out day passes for the water park on a Saturday in March for 2 A, 2 C. I also looked at resort for a day and Comfort Suites...which is still the lesser cost.  I’m genuinely beginning to wonder about the value of cost and time available at the park though. At $425 to $625 depending on who we book with, I’m worried we wouldn’t even have five hours at the park itself. 
If the ship is in port 9-5 on Sat March 14 and we don’t do the cruise excursion...and I choose comfort suites-what time am I likely to get to Atlantis for water park? Am I too optimistic to think 10? 10:30?
 I’ve visited Atlantis while in port last June but we had a friend onsite who met us and we walked in. We enjoyed the pools only and didn’t visit the rides so I’m not sure how much time is ideal for a family of four. 
I think we’d have to head out at 3 to get our cab and ensure we have time in the line back to the ship. 

this isn’t adding up to having adequate time but maybe I’m wrong? I appreciate advice!! Our 9 year old really wants this and the 14 year old will do anything but I’m now considering different excursions if we won’t have enough time to make the cost worth it. 

There will be a line when you check in at Comfort Suites.  You then get the paperwork from them, then have to walk to Atlantis and go to a desk there to get your bands.  That desk is on the other side of the hotel from the water slides and pools.   Also being a Saturday and during Spring Break it will probably be very crowded.  I think you wouldn't get to the water park until closer to 11.  

3 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

March is prime spring break time. Did you price out buying passes at 3rd party vendors? At least you could skip the CS step.

Yes...it’s still $200 plus dollar less through CS. And I was wondering if we’d even be settled before 11...as stated above. I’m reconsidering our plan...time to find a different excursion I think🤷🏻‍♀️

4 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

March is prime spring break time. Did you price out buying passes at 3rd party vendors? At least you could skip the CS step.

5 hours ago, geegee1 said:

There will be a line when you check in at Comfort Suites.  You then get the paperwork from them, then have to walk to Atlantis and go to a desk there to get your bands.  That desk is on the other side of the hotel from the water slides and pools.   Also being a Saturday and during Spring Break it will probably be very crowded.  I think you wouldn't get to the water park until closer to 11.  

Yeah,,,, the more I thought about the taxi line and walking over I realized 11may be more accurate. Ugh. 
thank u for the reply!

Keep in mnd that the waterpark doesn't open until 10am, and your all aboard will be 4:30/

Which means you will need to be in your taxi heading back by 3:30/3:40 pm in order to get ahead of the traffic backed up on the bridge (or you won't make it back in time at all). 

Edited by scubagirrl
  • Like 1

I have been at Atlantis the past few days staying at the Cove. Every morning I see the cruise ships come into port (which is only seems to fascinate me).  While staying at the resort itself, the water park is great, but definitely not worth the price for a one day admission. The rides are great, but there is more variety at a stand alone water park.  The lazy river is hands down top notch as it lasts about a half hour and has several features.  The two main towers is about all for slides..one has three different “master blaster” style tube rides which do lead out to the lazy river.  The other is a speed slide. The other famous tower features three slides.  The drop speed slide, a dark tube ride that leads into the shark tank, and another speed slide.   That’s about it.

they do have plenty of pools, which are very nice, but in my opinion, not worth the ridiculous price.  Food here is outrageously expensive.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

We were there last Nov. with our granddaughter.  I was amazed at how crowded it was there.  The lines for the slides were huge, but did calm down after an hour or two.  We got up to check on our granddaughter and this woman came over and put our stuff on the ground and tried to take our chairs, saying we didn't need them.  Also, if you do go make sure you bring a credit card as they don't take cash.  Personally I wouldn't do it again.