Adelaide to Sydney feb21

Uk1234

What sort of things interest you? Last month I spent most of my day in Adelaide at the railway and air museums (anyone who knows me would expect no less) and in Hobart did the Cunard-organised tour to Port Arthur - lots of history, and would definitely do this again.

We will be in Adelaide for 3 days before the cruise. Was hoping to do the full cruise from Perth but the balcony sold out for

the first bit and was cheaper. I would love to go to a proper animal sanctuary and see the koalas but I think by searching the better ones were in Brisbane area but they charge so much extra to see them not included in ticket price. I like wildlife and just seeing different monuments and views etc 

1 hour ago, Uk1234 said:

We will be in Adelaide for 3 days before the cruise. Was hoping to do the full cruise from Perth but the balcony sold out for

the first bit and was cheaper. I would love to go to a proper animal sanctuary and see the koalas but I think by searching the better ones were in Brisbane area but they charge so much extra to see them not included in ticket price. I like wildlife and just seeing different monuments and views etc 

There is the Warrawong Wildlife Sanctuary in the Adelaide Hills.

This is their website - https://www.warrawongws.com.au/

For Melbourne I suggest you do some research as there are so many things you could see and do. When do you cruise? Come back if you find something you would like to see or do and we can answer any questions you may have. Melbourne has many beautiful parks and gardens within easy walk of the CBD. There are museums and art galleries and eaches within walking distance of Station Pier where you will dock. Melbourne is also renowned for its laneways and arcades with fabulous cafes and street art. Melbourne has a great cafe culture so you will find cafes everywhere. There is Victoria Market where you will find all sorts of fantastic food. The trams in the CBD are free but id you travel outide that area you will need to buy a Myki card to travel. 

Leigh

Edited by possum52

If you are interested in Australian wildlife you should visit the Cleland Wildlife Park in the Adelaide Hills - see https://www.clelandwildlifepark.sa.gov.au/Home  You can meet a whole range of critters and pay to hold a Koala.  Cleland is a State Government operated park, and is very well run.  A good tour of the Adelaide Hills will take you to Cleland and also to the Mount Lofty summit overlooking the city as well as the small town of Hahndorf, which was settled in the 1800s by German migrants, with their influence still strong.  If you have an interest in Cricket a tour of Adelaide Oval is a must, including the Bradman collection.  The SA Art Gallery and SA Museum, adjacent to each other on North Terrace and both free to enter, are also great gems holding impressive collections.  Hop on the tram in the City and head to Glenelg for a day at the beach, eating, drinking or strolling along the shopping and cafe strip. You could also spend a day visiting wineries in either the Barossa Valley (north of Adelaide) or McLaren Vale (south of Adelaide).  Hope you enjoy your visit.

Thankyou, I will take a look at

these. We are hoping to stay at the Hilton which is quite central but can’t book until a year before so got another 2 weeks yet.  We will be going to the Gold Coast after the cruise but that will be a pure beach and relax week so trying to do all the exploring before.