Take advantage

Wichter415

My wife and I are senior citizen but we saved up to take a cruise on the NCL Dawn to greek isles and italy.

We booked this cruise in August of 2019 even though the cruise is not until November of 2020 because price line was running there double ship on board credit and we needed that $2000 to help ease the expenses.

However I was told today that in December Norweign cruise line put in a new policy that a cabin can not have more then $1000 ship board credit.

I am so upset because we already booked our airfare and hotel so we would have enough time to pay off our credit card.

I know I can cancel the cruise and only loose $100 but I can't get refund or exchange on my plane tickets because I bought it through a ticket broker.

If anyone has any idea how I can get out of this disaster then please tell me.

I appreciate any and all idea's

42 minutes ago, mdsgu said:

I would call the vendor (Price Line) directly and ask them about it.  And then call NCL and ask for an amenity statement.

None of the on board credit from Priceline will be there.  Travel agencies don't usually purchase the credit until the last minute.

I would call Price Line and see what their intentions are regarding the new limitations.

53 minutes ago, Wichter415 said:

..........However I was told today that in December Norweign cruise line put in a new policy that a cabin can not have more then $1000 ship board credit....

That's the first time I've heard of that.  Does anyone have a link to that on the NCL site?   Thanks.

The $1000 limit is for real....I've read that on the site.  However, it may be that you are not allowed to purchase more than $1000 OBC.  TAs (such as Price Line) may not have such a restriction.  IDK, just a thought.

We had $1600 obc for a cruise last month.  $1000 was on account with trip and the remaining $600 went as a credit on credit card.  Hope this happens to you.  It showed on credit card a week before we left which was a surprise to me.  Had to email agent (third party) while on the cruise to chase down the missing $600.

Good luck  

12 hours ago, Hopes4 said:

None of the on board credit from Priceline will be there.  Travel agencies don't usually purchase the credit until the last minute.

I would call Price Line and see what their intentions are regarding the new limitations.

I agree completely. This isn't an NCL issue, Priceline sold it with the OBC, they need to honor it.