18 night Trans Pacific Cruise

This is our first trans pacific cruise in April on the Radiance Sydney to Honolulu. With a cruise this long and many sea days, what is the entertainment like? We plan to keep ourselves busy joining in the various activities. How is the meal plan, I would think many repreat menus.  Any special suggestions on how to keep busy other than the usual reading, working out, shows, etc?  I was looking for prior reviews on transpacific, anyone have one??

Thanks,

CT

14 hours ago, California Traveler said:

. . . what is the entertainment like? . . .

We've been on TAs,  not quite as long, but longer than normal. Entertainment is generally pretty good.  They typically rotate entertainers at Ports of call so you can expect new shows as the cruise progresses.  

Edited by mjldvlks
Typo - DYAC

The trans run I went on was the other way round but we had a different menu a day and different entertainment each day.  I will say though that the entertainment did vary in quality as we had dance troops from some of the islands which were brilliant and one night the incredibly bad Aussie boys,  their disco beat version of the Seekers 1967 Goergy Girl is still burn't into my brain from five years ago.  In the day there were talks about the islands, the history and their people.  Even the wifi held up for the entire trip and of course you get to meet King Neptune at the line crossing.

15 hours ago, California Traveler said:

This is our first trans pacific cruise in April on the Radiance Sydney to Honolulu. With a cruise this long and many sea days, what is the entertainment like? We plan to keep ourselves busy joining in the various activities. How is the meal plan, I would think many repreat menus.  Any special suggestions on how to keep busy other than the usual reading, working out, shows, etc?  I was looking for prior reviews on transpacific, anyone have one??

Thanks,

CT

Longer Cruses they will dig out additional Menus not used all the time. Do 11-15niters myself every yr and never had repeat They will have organized things do everyday, some interest you some might not. Will have many different shows, though couple nites they wont and usually do a Movie nite. Longer Cruises are only way to go, and Radiance Class is my Fav, done 250+ nites in last 7yrs these with more booked. I read, rest and walk miles a day around ship. Keeps weight gain to min... Enjoy!

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 2/5/2020 at 10:28 AM, California Traveler said:

Thanks,

CT

We did this exact cruise 3 years ago. There will be lectures, trivia, karaoke,  crafts etc. Often people on the roll call will get together to play cards, knit and other projects. I did water coloring on one of our TA and I was surprised how much fun I had. I tried to attend every class.

If you haven't booked your hotel try to get one that has a view of the harbour. We stayed at the Shangri-La both times and it was amazing with the Opera House and the bridge. There are other hotels right there also with a great view.