If there were separate categories for these cabins would you bid?

GINNY L

If you had a choice would you bid on  

15 members have voted

1. 1. If they had these separate categories would you bid on?

• An aft balcony cabin
    • A cabin with a large balcony
    • An Aft mini suite cabin
    • A mini suite with larger balcony
    • All of the above

I have LONG wished they would break out aft balconies/mini-suites as separate categories for bidding. I was happy when they did it for Spa balconies/mini-suites, but really really wish they would do it for aft as well. Right now there are still 27 aft balconies available on my upcoming March sailing on the Bliss, but the prices haven't budged. I would happily bid to upgrade from my BA into one of these, but I am unwilling to pay the current $581 per person price difference from what I originally booked my BA for to directly upgrade.

22 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I have LONG wished they would break out aft balconies/mini-suites as separate categories for bidding. I was happy when they did it for Spa balconies/mini-suites, but really really wish they would do it for aft as well. Right now there are still 27 aft balconies available on my upcoming March sailing on the Bliss, but the prices haven't budged. I would happily bid to upgrade from my BA into one of these, but I am unwilling to pay the current $581 per person price difference from what I originally booked my BA for to directly upgrade.

I feel the same and so has a lot of other people that I talked to so I wanted to see how many actually would do it.  Also, if they had these separate categories, they would get more people to bid who DO NOT want these locations.  So if it was a separate category then they would not have that fear anymore.

Edited by GINNY L
to add

Norwegian would gain more revenue from both parties, those who want that location and those who don't want to bid in fear of getting that location.  They can now just bid on a balcony that is not all the way in the back.

3 minutes ago, tef43 said:

No, I book the category I want upfront.

Don't get me wrong. I always book a category I am happy with. However, I would be even happier with an aft balcony, just not $581 per person happier. I might be.. say... $200 per person happier. So that is what I would comfortably bid.

• Like 2

None of the above. I rather it stay the way it is now where your bid on a basic balcony or mini could get you one of the premium cabins. Having premium (numbered categories) as separate bid categories like the spa rooms only gives NCL the opportunity to jack up the minimum bid prices. 

• Like 2