Carnival Sunrise- MDR Steakhouse Options

montREALady

I just read that you can get a few steakhouse selections for $20 in the MDR on all ships that have a steakhouse. Anyone do this on the Sunrise? I guess I'm paranoid of Carnival saying something is offered on all ships then it isn't (saw someone mention they didn't have the 80's party on their sailing). I was going to book the Steakhouse, family of 4, 2 adults, 2 kids, but this may be a more economical option for us since it would probably just be my husband and I eating steak. Then I wouldn't want to book the steakhouse on embarkation day nor the days we go on excursions (aka tired kids) so that leaves just Tuesday (sea day) which someone said may be elegant night. I guess I didn't realize they don't do reservations for the evening before the cruise gets back...that would have been perfect.

Steakhouse Selections is a regular part of the menu on all Carnival ships.  These are upgraded entrees similar to what is served in the steakhouse (even if the ship doesn't have a steakhouse).  It's a good option for families where everyone wouldn't appreciate the Steakhouse experience 🙂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HeavyMetalDeacon said:

You can. But for me and my DW, if we are going to pay an upcharge, we want to go somewhere "special" . But that's just us.

have a great cruise

Totally get that and I thought of it but I'm guessing that night will be elegant night in the MDR so that will be special enough! Hehe. If it were just my husband I that would be one thing. Worse case scenario I book it on the ship, I won't stress reserving in advance. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I've heard mixed things on these. Doesn't appear to be quite the same as the steakhouse. I think I'm actually going to try this on the Sunrise in about a month.

Hmmm. I guess the ambiance of the steakhouse adds to it. This would have been good even if our 12 yr old son wanted a steak, still would be $60. Especially since I'm now realizing that "adult" for them means 12 and up so when I initially calculated $100 for all 4 of us it would really be $126. I mean still good for a steakhouse but I sometimes in the back of my mind feel like, heck, do the stuff that's included! Let us know how it is! What's your cruise date?

I am actually going on Sunrise next week and just booked the Steakhouse Restaurant for Valentine's Day evening. Surprised I was able to book something with a week out, but thankful I could. I'll let you know how it is. I do know that you can order an upcharge steak in the MDR but like another has said, I'd rather pay for an actual restaurant.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mrs.C05 said:

I am actually going on Sunrise next week and just booked the Steakhouse Restaurant for Valentine's Day evening. Surprised I was able to book something with a week out, but thankful I could. I'll let you know how it is. I do know that you can order an upcharge steak in the MDR but like another has said, I'd rather pay for an actual restaurant.

Yes please let us know.  I have it booked it for March 9 on the sunrise.  It was pretty awesome on our Dream cruise last year. We enjoyed it so much we booked it on the Sunrise.