Table For Two Or

rte

Hi all I noticed on our last 4 or 5 cruises on Royal there did not seem to be a lot of people using the main dinning  for dinner.

On our next cruise with Celebrity we are cruising the Baltic and the Med on Silhouette and was wandering if we should get

a table for 2 or try our luck at a bigger table,but from what I saw on Royal we would have spent most nights alone.

My question is do you think table mates are more likely to use the main dinning room on this type of cruise.

I'm trying to remember on my Medi cruises when people ate.  I want to say that there were a mixture of early and late people on those trips.  In Dec on a South American cruise the select dining was not busy at all until late because most people on that cruise ate at 10:00pm!  The early seating attendance seemed to change daily, sometimes with a lot of empty tables.  Why not just go with anytime dining. 

We have had the same experience as you years ago on Royal - at a table for 8 and only 2 of us every night.

Are you booked in traditional dining or Select (anytime).  If you are in Select you can dine at a table for 2 or tell the hostess you would be interested in a shared table.  The shared table is just for that night unless you and your table mates decide to join each other on another night.  The shared table can be a great opportunity to meet a number of different people.

We haven't done traditional dining on Celebrity so I can tell you if the no-shows in the dining room are like they were on Royal.

We were on a Baltic cruise last year (fabulous!) and flexibility in select dining is good as some port days are long and tiresome so having the choice to just show up when you are ready after a long day rather than rush for traditional dining worked for us.  

We usually ask for a table of 2 at the start and have been asked to share with someone else to be seated sooner.  Sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Select also gives you the opportunity to make friends during the week that you may want to have dinner with.