Best tips for the Gem

cruisingbooboo

We have sailed the Gem 8 times already and booked to sail again in March. I 2nd the Bali Hai bar that over looks the pool. DH and I always have a good time sitting up and watching all the pool activities. We are a Cagneys fan and usually eat there 2 times each cruise. If your a country music fan, make sure to see Blazing boots. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2020 at 3:24 PM, Turtles06 said:

... Suddenly, we saw a large flock of small seabirds swoop in behind the ship and plunge into the ocean.  We then realized there were fish that were popping up to the surface -- pop, pop, pop -- all around the stern.  The birds were diving for them.  This went on for quite some time.  Pop, pop, pop; dive, dive dive.  It was absolutely fascinating to watch....

Awesome!!

14 minutes ago, rachiem said:

If we wanted to see Swing, do we have to prebook as you can't do it on the planner?

If you are asking about shows on the Gem or other Jewel-class ships, the answer is no.  There are no reservations taken for shows on those ships.  The theatre is relatively large, and the same show is generally performed twice on the same night.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

If you are asking about shows on the Gem or other Jewel-class ships, the answer is no.  There are no reservations taken for shows on those ships.  The theatre is relatively large, and the same show is generally performed twice on the same night.  

Yes, I was. Thank you for the quick reply 🙂

• Like 1

You've heard most of the best tips - Great Outdoors is my favorite!! Such a gorgeous place to hang out. O'Sheehans has a great breakfast that many people miss. If LM Cancio is still on the gem, he is a must see - extremely talented young man. The Spinnaker Lounge is a nice place to do sail away if the weather isn't so great. 

Checkout the Bliss Lounge - Deck 7 AFT when it is not used for ship functions, art auctions, etc. or closed for "private functions"  Like others, however, my choice/preference is the Spinnaker Lounge on Deck 13 Fwd.  Bridge Viewing Room - Deck 11 Fwd/Portside is open, dawn to dust on sea days, unless closed for security reasons ... checkout Robin, the Mermaid - ship's unofficial mascot, 2 bracelets added to the collection from our 2017 CC Meet & Greet/Roll Call.  La Cucina is a quieter place for lunch & breakfast, as it is setup for dinner only - especially when the Great Outdoors is too windy or closed due to weather on those full sea days.  Limited number of loungers set up under the lifeboats on the Promenade Deck  (chair hogs are blown overboard ... just kidding)